Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moby Net  (Read 1581 times)

Silex-user

Moby Net
« on: December 23, 2022, 02:15:31 PM »

Just curious which model of Moby net do some you fishers used for river fishing? Christmas present for myself.

Silex user

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Moby Net
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 03:21:58 PM »

River fishing for salmon, or trout?

Great Christmas gift idea!

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 05:45:39 PM »

Steelhead net is good for river fishing

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 08:59:07 AM »

I have a Moby River that is well suited for trout that I carry when out searching for cutthroat.

I have been considering a Moby Steelhead for coho and steelhead in some trickier spots where tailing fish are difficult. It has a short handle for easier transport on the river but larger hoop for steelhead/salmon.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 10:09:11 AM »

DK Special for river salmon and steelhead, can also use it for lakes. The hoop size is the same as the Steelhead, but the handle is a little longer. Steelhead’s handle is a little too short if you are netting your own fish.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 04:30:19 PM »

I have a Moby steelhead net. Great for coho fishing. I keep the handle tucked down my wading belt and the net against my back. A bit tricky to kneel down and net your own coho, but I did last fall on several occasions. I didn't use it on adult chinook, felt they would just trash the mesh basket. Personally I find the net way too big to carry steelheading. Tried it a few times, not for me. However, I bush wack a lot and carry either a sling pack or back pack. Might work if you are more of a vest guy/gal. I've seen guys fishing in pairs, one guy has the net on his back and the other the pack on his back, pretty smart. I steelhead solo mostly so this system would not work for me.
Personally I just dont cast/fish spots where I know if I hook a steelhead I'm 100% SOL as far as tailing it goes. Seems most of the time I can walk the fish down a bit and find a suitable spot to quickly kneel down and tail it.   

Silex-user

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 04:08:21 PM »

Thanks guys.

Silex user