Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: its so quiet  (Read 6153 times)

mojoman

• Old Timer
its so quiet
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »

you could hear a pin drop......wonder how that ol' wagon is holdin' up???

mojo watched the Cannots fail
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: its so quiet
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

It is only one game!! ;)  What are the Laughs at??  Sorry, I wouldn't have said anything about the laughs, but....

Mojo knows it's comin back!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 07:21:27 PM »

4-3 Ottawa. Final. The streak continues.........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »

Laughs lose again. At least we know we won't be facing the Blues come playoff time. Assuming the Make Beliefs somehow squeak into 8th spot you will end up having to face the Sens......and we all know how well they've played against the Sens this year..... :o
Actions speak louder than words.

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »

Well it's 1-1 tonight, I get a loss from the Canucks but a win from the Conservatives! Canucks didn't play tonight up to their usual high standards but all us Canucks fans will be looking forward to a convincing rebound game tomorrow.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 05:13:04 AM »

Laughs lose again. At least we know we won't be facing the Blues come playoff time. Assuming the Make Beliefs somehow squeak into 8th spot you will end up having to face the Sens......and we all know how well they've played against the Sens this year..... :o

Biff buddy.....dunno how old you are....but holy....the Leafs own the Sens in post season play since forever.......its statements like this that cause me to pause and wonder who I'm bantering with.....

mojo sez don' pee in the pool please ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 11:55:39 AM »

Biff buddy.....dunno how old you are....but holy....the Leafs own the Sens in post season play since forever.......its statements like this that cause me to pause and wonder who I'm bantering with.....

mojo sez don' pee in the pool please ;D

Yes I am aware of how the Sens have fared against the Leafs in the post season. If you'll remember correctly before the Sens had to deal with Cujo or Belfour standing on their heads and single handedly stealing games. I remeber in the 04 playoffs, one game the sens out shot the leafs something like 40-12 but still ended up loosing. This compared to who? Lalime, this guy was terrible (and yes I do remember what he did to Philly in 02). Well now Mojo, the tables have turned. The Sens now have Hasek, whom despite his age is still one of the most dominant goalies in the league. The same cannot be said for Belfour. The Sens are also now sporting an older and more experienced defensive core, compared to the Laughs, laughable defence. Also, the Sens are rid of Hossa and Bonk, two regular season players who dissapear completlety come playoff time. Mind you the Laughs have really improved their fortunes by shipping off 3 past stanley cup winners and bringing in 3 new guys who've never won the cup. At least Jello Head and Oneill have been to the dance before. (Better hope the Wings get knocked off early).

Cheers, biff  (who does know a thing or two about hockey  ;))
Actions speak louder than words.