Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who+do you think should be the Canucks #1 starting goalie?

Dan Cloutier
- 4 (30.8%)
Alex Auld
- 8 (61.5%)
Other
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Canucks Goalies!!!!!!!  (Read 12253 times)

ryank21

Canucks Goalies!!!!!!!
« on: November 05, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »

I think Alex Auld should be!!!!

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Canucks Goalies!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 11:04:36 PM »

We've GOT to get some Championship goal tending if we ever think we'll have a chance at the cup.  It's been a long time since we've had it.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 11:30:06 PM »

I've said it before and I will continue to say it,  AULD IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BETTER GOALIE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 11:21:27 AM »

Auld has 20 games NHL experience....nuff said
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 01:00:21 PM »

So really biff, what is your point!!!!!  Nuff said my my friend!!!!  I will tell you loud and clear so you understand!!!!! WHEN IT COMES TO GOALTENDING, YOU ARE EITHER GOOD ENOUGH OR YOU ARE NOT"  Cloutier just doesn't have it, never has.  Yes he has 3 st8 30 win seasons, big deal.  When the pressure is on he isn't.  Never has been.  Also your starter can't be injury prone. As Clouts is.  Nuff said. ;D ;D
PS Auld has 25 games experience now.  Look at the greats, Roy for instance only became a star because someone gave him a chance.  Auld shows the same poise and skill. He deserves his chance, he has proven himself whenever asked upon.  As Hrudey said last night," Auld has given the canucks 25 incredible games".  How many more times does he have to impress. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 07:13:18 PM by Big Steel »

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

u gonna take that biff??????

mojo does the instigator rule apply here??? ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

PistolPete

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 03:24:55 PM »

Cloutier is the guy, the Canucks have yet to play any where close to what they should and they are still winning ? you know what kind of sign that is ? A sign of a good team . You can't say Auld is hands down better then Clouter . Can anyone tell the different in styles of the two ? The more Auld plays the better for Clouter , I heard Luongo say how much more exhausting the NEW STYLE in the NHL is.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 03:34:19 PM »

I am glad we have Belfour so no goaltending problems for the Leafs. ;D ;D

PistolPete

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »

He just gives up 8 Gino's the odd game eh How bout those Lion's RED HOT LIKE MY ROE

PistolPete

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 03:47:25 PM »

leaf's down 4-3 looks like they should have started eddy?

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 04:01:08 PM »

u gonna take that biff??????

mojo does the instigator rule apply here??? ;D

I'm kinda busy right now, it'll take me a little time to work out a responce so to tear Big Steels idea's apart bit by bit.  :o

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 07:08:20 PM »

I am glad we have Belfour so no goaltending problems for the Leafs. ;D ;D

Chris, is it true that Belfour gets a free year's supply of Geritol as part of his contract with the Make Beliefs ?  ;D BTW Belfour surrendered 5 goals against that power house known as the Washington Capitals tonight.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »

Ok Biff, just before you tear me apart, remember, It is only my opinion that I stated!!!!!  Besides I played goal for 13 years.  I know a bit about it!!!!! ;D ;D
PS Auld does have the perfect style for the new NHL.  He doesn't waist any energy, he is a stand up goalie with incredible lateral movement, and he is HUGE in the net.  I DO KNOW MY GOALTENDING, maybe better then I know my fishing !!!!! ;D ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 08:02:22 PM »

I figure I'll make my point Limit Killer style:

The first point I would like to make is that you guys are all banking on Auld being the sure thing.

Also your starter can't be injury prone. As Clouts is.  Nuff said. 

And Auld isn't? How are you sure. I dunno perhaps 22 games is a sign of durabuility. You don't know, no one does. Also, how is getting a concussion injury prone. Maybe if you are Lindros and can't skate with your head up but for a goalie, you can hardly blame that one on him. One of the better goalies of the 90's, Richter, had his career ended by a concussion.

Yes he has 3 st8 30 win seasons, big deal

Actually it is a big deal. You have to do well in the regular season to have a crack at the playoffs as I'm sure you know. How many other goalies can boast such a reccord. Lets see.......thats right Brodeur is the only one.

PS Auld has 25 games experience now

Actually its 22.....

WHEN IT COMES TO GOALTENDING, YOU ARE EITHER GOOD ENOUGH OR YOU ARE NOT

How many more times does he have to impress.

How about game 6 of the first round last year. I guess Cloutier chokes all the time but when Auld gives up 4 straight goals late in a playoff game its not a big deal.

My point here is that everyone is treating Auld as the salvation of the Canucks. Yes he's played well for us so far this year. But I suppose everyone has forgotten about the AHL. Last season he had a sv % of .909 and a GAA of 2.56. Not bad numbers.....for the NHL! The better goalies last year in the AHL had sv% in the ~.930% range and GAA's under 2. Auld is proven, proven to be nothing greater than average.

Why wouldn't we play Cloutier, he is proven to be better. Yes there have been collapses in past playoffs but aside from the Lidstrom goal, the others were the result of a team collapse.

Ok Biff, just before you tear me apart, remember, It is only my opinion that I stated!!!!

I'm kinda busy right now, it'll take me a little time to work out a responce so to tear Big Steels idea's apart bit by bit

He doesn't waist any energy, he is a stand up goalie with incredible lateral movement

Ya like when he doesn't waste his engery communicating with his D-men while handling the puck behind the net. I don't know if you've been watching but many of the golas scored on Auld have been via cross crease one timer passes....the exact thing good lateral movement would help against.

and he is HUGE in the net

AGREED

I DO KNOW MY GOALTENDING, maybe better then I know my fishing !!!!! 

Right back at ya...... (replace goaltending with hockey in general)

Bottom line is that none of us are coaches. Crow is in charge for a reason and plays Cloutier as a starter for a reason but maybe if you know something that he doesn't you should let him know.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 08:22:57 PM »

Wow Nice Biff, well thought out.  I agree with some of the things that you have stated here.  As for the communication with the d-men.  It is the D's job to take the open man. Not the goalies.  I also seem to remember 2 big communication lapses between Clouts and the D-men that led to a goal, at a bad time.  Also, you are not on the ice, so you don't know what the communication is like on the ice!!!  As for the CLoutier lapses, they were blatant!!!.  Anyhow, we could go on all night about this.  Yes the Crow is the coach, and he has his reasons for playing who he does.  Reasons which we are not privy to.  I am not saying that I know something the coach doesn't.  I, in case you haven't noticed, am just a guy who hasn't been impressed by Clouts, and has been impressed by the style of Auld.  I think that he deserves more of a chance, maybe the tandem style, such as Minnesota uses.  I would love to be wrong about Clouts, cause that would mean good things for the canucks in the playoffs.  But I, at this moment don't think that I am.  Anyhow, these are all just views anyways, and that is it. ;D ;D Anyhow, Biff it is always fun debating with someone when it doesn't get personal!!!!!  No hard Feelings Eh!!!!! ;) ;)