Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks  (Read 9340 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Canucks
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:39 PM »

Tough game tonight...Thought they played well..pettinger looks half decent..Hopefully we can get some offense outa him!
weeeeeeeeeow!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »

Talk about getting screwed by the refs!  How do two refs miss the high stick on Kessler at the start of overtime?  He was bleeding like a stucked pig!!  You'd think that one or both of them would be watching the puck being dropped.  Should have been a 4 minute powerplay which would have been a gimmee in OT.

Was at the game last night against the Blue Jackets....another disheartning loss!  Thought after they were up 2-0 and heading into the third it was money in the bank. Should have been 3 zip.  The refs screwed up calling back the first goal...Naslund getting called from interfering with the goalie was bogus...he was pushed from behind into Leclaire.

It was the defense that let them down.  Again!  The pairing of Mitchell and Bieksa doesn't seem to have the same chemistry of last year...hopefully a few more games under their belt will be the ticket.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »

Talk about getting screwed by the refs!  How do two refs miss the high stick on Kessler at the start of overtime?  He was bleeding like a stucked pig!!  You'd think that one or both of them would be watching the puck being dropped.  Should have been a 4 minute powerplay which would have been a gimmee in OT.

Was one of the referees named Mick McGough ? An appropriate name for a ref. ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »

Was one of the referees named Mick McGough ? An appropriate name for a ref. ;D

so its only when the canuks lose there is a prob with the refs?????..... :D :D :D :D :D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:33:22 PM »

4-1 blackhawks, 27-10 are the shots.. good game nucks :D nice run on toews too. ::)
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »

4-1 blackhawks, 27-10 are the shots.. good game nucks :D nice run on toews too. ::)
Time to replace another GM. ;D ;D ;D

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

Garbage effort today.  I'm hoping not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Playoffs slip out of our reach this year.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »

No need to abandon the ship. Last I looked the Canucks are tied for 8th and the Laughs are in 12th place in their division. Time to shine those golf clubs. Golf Leaves Golf :D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:29:19 PM »

Peddinger might have run him, somewhat, but it wouldn't have gotten called if there hadn't been the fight.  Neither ref had their hand up.  Both guys had their sticks up and after viewing the replay a few times  (since I was taping the game as I watched it) it was Toews own stick that cut him when he tried to protect himself from the hit.  I guess Peddinger could only stomach seeing the Sedins getting dumped on their collective butts so may times before he felt it was time to rough up one of their big guns.

All in all... a poor game for the Nuks....over confidence maybe what with 9 rookies in the game.  Vancouver WILL rectify the situation in Colorado and play with a lot more urgency...something that was sadly lacking in today's game against Rockport...make that Chicago.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »

did not watch the full game.. but pettinger imo was charging and it looked like his hands were up so correct me if im wrong.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »

did not watch the full game.. but pettinger imo was charging and it looked like his hands were up so correct me if im wrong.

Like I said both of them had their sticks up but it was Toew's stick that did the damage.  Of course it was helped along with Pettinger's.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »

Towes got 40 stitches....yeah,....just a lil' bump.... :D :D :D

mojo read my sig
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

CHUMHUNTER

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 03:11:47 PM »

Canucks looked awful yesterday. They are weaker with Cooke gone not that I was much of a Cooke fan but they are lacking a great deal now. Pettinger at least fought and I think got more out of the penalties than he should have. Hit looked clean to me. Av's tomorrow night and they are hurting. Forsberg may play. Leafs are looking  better thank goodness. Sundin has been awesome last 2 games. Long way to the playoffs and having been a Leaf fan for 50 years I do remember what they are like.

salmon river

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »

They are one game under 500 if you count OT/SO losses.

I know the playoffs are another season but is their realistically any hope getting past the first round?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

Leafs are looking  better thank goodness. Sundin has been awesome last 2 games. Long way to the playoffs and having been a Leaf fan for 50 years I do remember what they are like.
Nice to have you aboard, I think we have more Leaf fans here now but of course many are bailing on the team from Vancouver now. ;D ;D ;D

Sundin voted #1 player in the league for last week, got to love it. ;D ;D ;D ;D