Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks loading up  (Read 8111 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Canucks loading up
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:22:30 PM »

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks loading up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »

Herd about this a hour or two ago. I wish the canucks would pick up gelinas. He's a great playoff player.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »

A couple of good pickup's for the Nucks' help um win a cup ;D oh and laugh's are playing a solid game :o losing 5-2 is above average for them ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:08:22 PM by Steely »
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »

A couple of good pickup's for the Nucks' help um win a cup ;D oh and laugh's are playing a solid game :o losing 5-2 is above average for them ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

those are two pretty good pickups,

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 06:05:02 AM »

oh boy...win a couple games and its all about the cup in Vancouver....good luck with that one guys... :D :D :D :D...your team has zero secondary scoring...is one injury away from puttin' a pylon in goal...and generally their fans are a tad hockey-knowledge-impaired...thats all for now folks...keep them blinders focused on the cup....how bout someone pull an alfie and guarrantee the cup....naww....didn't think you fans have the nads to do that...I'll say the Leafs will be fortunate to make the post season...but stranger things have happened...like ice hockey in cities that have no naturally occuring ice ::)

mojo flame away ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 06:47:24 AM »

no secondary scoring ??  haha you are you for real !!! The sedin's , Morrison and Nazzy, the cooker , Pyatt ?? they have great depth and now it just got better !! Nuck's have a legitimate chance of going a long way this year, the Laugh's are guaranteed a Tee Time  ;D ;D ;D

TH helping you wake up and smell the Samosa's
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:48:51 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 07:35:27 AM »

Brendan Morrison....lightin' 'em up at a torrid pace of .5 pts per game

2006-2007 62  17  21  38  -15  48  6  1  3  111  15.3 

2006-2007   GOALS (17) ASSISTS (21) POINTS (38)
Overall:   Tied for 97th Tied for 145th Tied for 124th
Forwards:   Tied for 96th Tied for 114th Tied for 108th

Nazzy has contributed....somewhat
Season GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct
2006-2007 62  20  31  51  3  40  8  0  3  172  11.6 

2006-2007   GOALS (20) ASSISTS (31) POINTS (51)
Overall:   Tied for 69th Tied for 68th Tied for 63rd
Forwards:   Tied for 68th Tied for 55th Tied for 60th

Cooke Cooked????  notice the games played and points "racked" up!!!
2006-2007 61  6  11  17  -10  54  0  0  2  95  6.3 

2006-2007   GOALS (6) ASSISTS (11) POINTS (17)
Overall:   Tied for 305th Tied for 324th Tied for 321st
Forwards:   Tied for 267th Tied for 227th Tied for 251st

and finally the last of your list of "high profile Cup contender Cannots"...

Pyatt

2006-2007 57  17  12  29  2  30  9  0  3  114  14.9 

2006-2007   GOALS (17) ASSISTS (12) POINTS (29)
Overall:   Tied for 97th Tied for 299th Tied for 186th
Forwards:   Tied for 96th Tied for 216th Tied for 157th

so there ya have it....as I mentioned...this team has no secondary scoring threat...but remember...its just my thoughts....your milage could vary ;D

mojo

Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »

right you are Kenny....how gracious of you to notice and inform me...I'll correct that right now...oh....and Trophyhunter...never mind the personal cracks....makes you  look like a loser kid about 12 yrs old....just tryin' ta help... ;D

Danny-boy
2006-2007 61  26  34  60  8  32  10  0  6  176  14.8 

2006-2007   GOALS (26) ASSISTS (34) POINTS (60)
Overall:   Tied for 28th Tied for 55th Tied for 33rd
Forwards:   Tied for 28th Tied for 47th Tied for 33rd

and last but not least is Hank
2006-2007 62  8  50  58  8  44  1  0  1  116  6.9 

2006-2007   GOALS (8) ASSISTS (50) POINTS (58)
Overall:   Tied for 254th Tied for 5th Tied for 40th
Forwards:   Tied for 227th Tied for 5th Tied for 40th

so there ya have the "complete" list from the previous post...Sedins and Naz are your only scoring threats....show me your secondary scoring threat..... the post season is a different game mind you...and true enuff...without Luongo you guys would be hardpressed to advance to the next season...

mojo

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »

You are proving to everyone with you're stats just why he Canuck's are such a threat this year !!!
they get scoring from every player, from different players every night, from all four lines , from their defencemen !! they don't rely on one or two players to get the scoring done, this is why they are successful !! they have a tight defence a great goltender and awesome team wide penalty kill !!!! they have learned how to win the tight games consistently.. they are opportunistic on the PP and they have an incredible work ethic... they never give up and are the hardest working team in the NHL bar none...

you know Mojo, if you used you're head and thought things out before you posted you might have a better audience !!  ;D

TH just helping you save face  ;)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 09:08:21 AM »

TH...those are not my stats...its called cut and paste from http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=NewsIndex look it up...you may learn something....I find your biased typical....'Nuks hardest working team :D :D...'Nuks with the best goalie...sure...Brodeur may contest that one..'Nuks always have the best....but never seem to do anything with it....you figger it out...back to your ('Nuk fans in general...its not always about you!!!) thoughts on scoring....you have Nas and the sisters scoring at a reasonable pace...then you drop off the map.....take Cooke for instance....seems you guys love him....but 61 games and 17 points.....yep...theres your secondary scoring...but , you persist..."we brought Soppel back and aquired Smolenski"....Soppel was a good idea he helps the D and powerplay.....you may be dissapointed with Smolenski tho....anyways...how bout you put some effort into your posts and not just spew stuff you like and hope others will like....give me some hard facts...not mussy I-Love-the-'Nuks crap....;)))

mojo still like the Cannots...not necessarily all of their fans...but will never side with 'em agin my Budz... ;D

and while I'm at it...I need no face saving...I didn't comment on someone elses lifestyle on a public forum....you on the other hand prolly wish ya hadn't included that remark( I hope)...the secret is to use the editor we all have in our head...if you wouldn't want something posted about you...then don' post the same of others....a lil' thing called respect.....;))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:16:12 AM by mojoman »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 09:28:04 AM »

Show me once where I used the word BEST !!
that would be BONK calling his team the best in the NHL, I love the Nuk's and I cheer for them through thick and thin always have always will ... I hate the Laughs and I am very happy to see they are gonna be be golfing when the Nuk's are battling for a cup !!

which post are you referring to where I attacked someone's lifestyle ??
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »

you guys are all screwed cause the Red Wings will prevail again....if they can make through the first round this time....

Canucks have pretty weak secondary scoring but a hot goalie will do more for your team then good offense and mediocre goaltending... see red wings above... Canucks got the best chance they have had in a good ten years IMHO. No team is looking dominant out there right now...and my dark horse, though I don't think you can call them that after last year is Buffalo and they are again have the injury bug..

Mojoman, your posts are normally pretty enlightened...I don't get where this attack on someone for personal remarks comes from??? What's up with that????

The leafs are just another team the fat pat destroyed with his incompetence...

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »

its pretty simple folks....if we are all sitting around the table swillin' brews I could care less about remarks like "you must be on crack"...it'd be amonst budz and we would know each other somewhat.....sorry if I'm a tad sensative,....but this is a public forum....anyone could read this...who knows...some folks are gullible enuff to think its true....I feel these kind of remarks are useless and only promote hard feelings...which I haven't got yet....but I hope you understand my view...Leafs suck is a completely different deal...I'll haggle with all of ya at the same time on that one...but I'll never say..."you musta drank 3 bottles of Jim Beam before postin' that...how do you find the keyboard???"....if you disagree...is ok...but I'll not participate in a disscussion that has personal negative comments...is pointless in my mind....whats left of it...;))

mojo mostly a thickskin...but do have my pet peeves.. ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

you guys are all screwed cause the Red Wings will prevail again....if they can make through the first round this time....

Canucks have pretty weak secondary scoring but a hot goalie will do more for your team then good offense and mediocre goaltending... see red wings above... Canucks got the best chance they have had in a good ten years IMHO. No team is looking dominant out there right now...and my dark horse, though I don't think you can call them that after last year is Buffalo and they are again have the injury bug..

Mojoman, your posts are normally pretty enlightened...I don't get where this attack on someone for personal remarks comes from??? What's up with that????

The leafs are just another team the fat pat destroyed with his incompetence...

The Red wings are now screwed. The just picked up BOOtuzzi

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day