Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The " On the way store " is for sale ... again . What's up with that place ?  (Read 2081 times)

James

Any one have any info about it ? , I couldn't find anything about it online , or in realestate listing/busineses etc.

I was greeted with dismal service today lol .. I can see the guy working in there really wants out .

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Guess not enough fishermen is dropping by to make it profitable

silex64

I agree i stoped  in 4 a mud and he was like realy bummed out. thats life in a small buisness i guess.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

not enough business. most fisherman just go to freds for their gear, and for the rest of the stuff its really only some locals and fisherman grabbing a drink or a snack. winter theres almost no business really just in the summer. im gonna miss this place, he was always very friendly and it was really cheap to buy blade blanks, it only costed like 5 bucks to make 20 blades. anybody know if the hot dog guys gonna go back to tamihia?
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

The owner of this store also owns a store somewhere else in the Chilliwack area. I was told that he put both places up for sale and which ever place sells first goes and he will then take the other one off the market. Now whether that is true or not who knows. He is a very nice guy and we usually pop in to grab a drink and some soup.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Stuart Dickinson

I noticed that as well - I don't live in Canada anymore but was back for Christmas/New Year and got a day's steelheading in late Dec.  It was always my first stop on a day's steelheading - cup of coffee, bottle of OJ, bit of tackle and a Brad Pitt!