Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double Reds - 64 pounds of fun on the Fraser (Aug 27th)  (Read 3432 times)

J.G.

Re: Double Reds - 64 pounds of fun on the Fraser (Aug 27th)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:30:02 PM »

I sure don't miss all the belly aching and whining about different techniques since I moved to the holy land. People up here all get along, regardless if they are barfishing, throwing metal, flossing with gear or T-14, chucking gobs of roe the size of softballs......no one complains. As long as everyone is having fun and not disturbing the other guy, everyone is happy.....

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »

where the hell is 'the holy land'!?? ;)
           ss abnik

well it ain't israel.

chum dad

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »

JG has moved to Smithers, we'll see if it's still the holy land in January! The Fraser is a big river, i went to peg bar earlier this week and the only fish i saw caught were the ones the natives were drift netting for. Nice fish Taboo!So what, some guys BB, big deal it's not illegal is it?

J.G.

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 04:19:59 PM »

JG has moved to Smithers, we'll see if it's still the holy land in January! The Fraser is a big river, i went to peg bar earlier this week and the only fish i saw caught were the ones the natives were drift netting for. Nice fish Taboo!So what, some guys BB, big deal it's not illegal is it?

I can deal with 4 months of snow for 8 months of world class fishing at my door......Not a bad trade off if you ask me.

Oh wait......maybe I will miss the Vedder.....the guys that walk in beneath me ......the traffic......commuting hours to work......insane cost of living.....or just the plain old poor quality of life the lower mainland affords those that live there.........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Don't think so......!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:26:35 PM by J.G. »

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

I need a little advice on what to use , what color of wool is best and color of corkie ? Nice fish , keep them coming .

chum dad

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »

They seem to really bite on sky green wool. Got lots of roe today!

I can deal with 4 months of snow for 8 months of world class fishing at my door......Not a bad trade off if you ask me.

Hows the Sturgie fishing up in Smithers JG? Oh i forgot your probably busy tuning up the snow blower during Sturgie season HAHAHA!

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »

Your right this bottom bouncing thing works, good thing its legal. Four slamed my wool today but they were hittin it weird with their backs and tails. OH well meat in the freezer

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »

O man  ;D  ::)

Why do people try to make trouble  ::)