Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm Watching You  (Read 8023 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: I'm Watching You
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »

Most of the community hatcheries do mark their coho so unless the Oyster River enhancement society confirms a significant release of non-marked smolts they are likely wild.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Adamski76

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 05:22:53 PM »

My dad witnessed a guy a couple of day ago clipping the fin of a wild coho next to him before he bonked it...that's just sad, I wish I was there. >:(

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »

Geez, like a freshly clipped fin would fool anyone.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »

I've seen it done before on the vedder. I saw the guy a screwing around with the fish on the beach with his knife right after he caught it. I knew something was off so I walked over to comment him on his nice fish. Sure as $hit he's clipped it. And did a terrible job. I was a little younger and tougher then and about 12" taller and about 100lbs on him. I grabbed the guys fish and threw it in the river and told him if he did it again he was going in the river. This was before cell phones were common.
I doubt I would do that these days as I have a lot more at stake back at home then I did then.