Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder opening day  (Read 34387 times)

DRP79

Re: Vedder opening day
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »

I Was out yesterday morning till about lunch time and I have never seen the Vedder this low. Mind you Ive only been fishing it for 3 years but it is really low and clear. Got an aggressive steely smolt on my second cast and didnt get a sniff of anything for the rest of the morning. Saw one guy catch and release a sockeye.

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2015, 03:38:21 PM »

Tried the lower C-V this morning around peach and experienced the best fishing I've had all season. As soon as I got to the river and started setting up my gear, a guy down from me hooked and landed a nice red spring which was retained. Quite a few guys out as well BTW. After a half hour, I landed and released a nice sockeye. It was fighting like a spring, and I thought it was until I could ID the fish. Landed and released another smaller sockeye an hour later. I hooked three other fish a bit later but lost em all due to a bad hookset. :-\ Tons of fish jumping everywhere as well. Anyways we have a week or so of reasonably good fishing so get out there and enjoy! Tight lines!

dave c

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »

dave c, what lb test of mono leader were you using before switching to fluorocarbon?  Thanks.
10lb Maxima Ultragreen

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:33 PM »

Decided to hit the Vedder this AM for a few hours of late season spring fishing. Was fishing in the peach road area btw. River was very low. A couple guys were out, but not as many as last week. Got to the river at 4:30am and left at 9:00am. Not a whole lot of action until about 7:30am. Fish were jumping everywhere (mostly sockeye), but no biters. Was just about to leave after a couple hours of no luck, but decided to make a couple last drifts. Then all of the sudden, the float dipped and after a 15 min battle, I landed my first spring of the season. Not a bad way to wrap up the summer red spring run. There are still a few decent fish out there, you just have to hunt for them. The run is tapering off with a few or so more days of good fishing. Good luck all!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:43:20 PM by Nicolas The Fisherman »

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »

farky

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

Busier you say. Probably has a lot to do with you posting your spot on the Internet all the time . Just some food for thought.

Humpy

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »

Busier you say. Probably has a lot to do with you posting your spot on the Internet all the time . Just some food for thought.
If you actually read his report, he saw fewer people compared to last week.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

farky

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »

Also a big difference between a Friday and Sunday morning.

Humpy

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »

Also a big difference between a Friday and Sunday morning.
Not anymore, I sometimes question if people even work anymore.
There is a difference but it's minimal.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »

Never thought of that. Good to keep in mind, but I don't mind seeing others out on the river just as long as they're fishing respectfully and ethically. I do agree with Humpy that there really isn't too much of a difference fishing pressure wise between weekdays or weekends anymore. I've been fishing almost daily and haven't noticed too many more people on a Saturday/Sunday.

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »

DRP79

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »

Peach Road is hardly a "secret" spot.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2015, 08:35:58 AM »

lot's of people do stay-cations and fish locally. Then there are other folks who are retired or semi-retired(like me) and can get out fishing outside the weekend warrior rush.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 11:26:32 AM »

Peach Road is hardly a "secret" spot.

There are no secrets on the Vedder. Even mentioning fishing the "lower / upper " river spots can be discovered with very little know how. The tackle shops send hundreds of guys to familiar areas like Peach and more which I won't mention.
It ain't the roe bro'