Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entry Level Pontoon Boats - Who sells them ?  (Read 4394 times)

James

Entry Level Pontoon Boats - Who sells them ?
« on: March 09, 2006, 11:43:42 PM »

I am looking for a Entry Level pontoon boat , Nothin too expesive , I have seen alot of US websites selling boats for under $300USD and a couple for under $200USD . They all seem to be available in the US market , and was wondering if there are any suppiliers , web based or not , here in BC / Canada . Any Clue ?
Some manufacturers incld .
Classic Accessories
Creek Company
Trout Unlimited
Water Skeeter

I know a High end pontoon boat would be easy to find , and I suspect that the local retailers may not be importing the low end ones , just so that there is a lack of choice , basically forcing us to buy high end instead .

So if anyone has any info to pass along , it would be appreciated . Thanks .

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Entry Level Pontoon Boats - Who sells them ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »

Call HubSports, they have one called the Streamer XL, which runs around $399 canadian. You can also check it out at the Outcast pontoon boats websites. 
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

BigJesse

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »

If you don't mind a quick jaunt across the border.  Holiday Market just south of Bellingham has a nice Creek Company pontoon boat on sale for $200.  It's about a half hour from the border and is a pretty good little tackle shop.  The same boat up here would run about $400.  Add the $30 in duty you'd have to pay and maybe $10 in gas and you'd end up saving about $120 canadian.

James

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:43:32 AM »

If i do purchase one from across the border , I still have to figure in the exchange rate , taxes (14%) and duty fees . plus the gas cost for me would be about $30 . So in a some ways for some people it is a good deal , but if you ever need warranty repair or something , it will be a hassle .
Thanks for the help though . I appreceiate any idea's

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:33:41 PM »

If you are a Canadian citizen , you have probably shopped in the United States and, despite the current value of the Canadian dollar, savings can be had. Watch for sales or items that are unavailable in Canada.

When re-entering Canada, you may be asked by Canadian Customs and Immigration officials if you have anything to declare, or if you purchased or received anything while away. Although these questions are routine, this is what you need to know.

When to declare When you return to Canada, you may qualify for a personal exemption.

Personal exemptions allow you to bring goods of a certain value into the country without paying duties. All items must be valued in Canadian funds.

After an absence of 48 hours or more you can claim up to $200 worth of goods without paying duty or taxes. These goods can include some tobacco products and alcoholic beverages.

After an absence of seven days or more you can claim up to $750 worth of goods and can also include some tobacco and alcoholic beverages.

The information provided is for guideline purposes only and subject to interpretation or change. For detailed information visit Canada Customs Web site: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel/canadians-e.htm l.

Full declarations can be found here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4044/rc4044-e.html#P182_22303
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 12:40:07 PM by Reservoir Dog »

James

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 02:29:34 PM »

ok thanks , Hub sports just got back to me and offered a free anchor , anchor line , and hand pump with the Streamer XL for $399 + taxes , before April 9th .
That sounds good to me .

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 12:21:21 AM »

That sounds like the same deal they had going on on the tradex.  I should pay them a visit.
weeeeeeeeeow!