Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skunked again, this time with damages  (Read 1599 times)

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
Skunked again, this time with damages
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »

>:( >:(

Another bad weekend,

Started off early this morning with a friend from North Van and drove up to scale bar at hope, loads of bouncers and no room to bar fish, so we gave that a miss and drove back down to agassiz and over the bridge to try and find grassy bar.  Managed to find the road under the bridge and a small parking space below the bridge with yet more bouncers.

Decided to call it a day and drove my mate back down to catch a bus a co-quitlam.

Later this afternoon I decided that I would go find the wig dam bar at deroche, so of I go and park outside the locked gates. No one there , just me, so I walk off down the dyke climbing over the orange gate.

I walked down for what seemed like ages and all I saw was a mozzy infested swamp, so kept on walking. When I came to the next gate there was a deer in the field so I managed to snap a few pic's on my phone.

I then walked back up the dyke and saw a few herons taking fish in the ponds / swamp I had passed.  I then took the other path closer to the river and bingo I think I found the wig dam, pic attached so perhaps someone in the know can let me know if I was in the right place or just lost as per my usual !!!

Anyway to cut a pointless story short when I got back to the car I found some "Axx hole" has smashed the drivers window, god knows why there was nothing in there to steal.

So now its fish 1, me none, car window done in and me now pissed off somewhat, so tomorrow instead of going out to try to find a spot to bar fish I have to go find an autoglass repair shop open on a sunday.

>:( >:(

I saw at least six springs flossed and a few sockeye that were released.  It was good to see DFO up there counting fish.

Robbie

Re: Skunked again, this time with damages
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

I believe you gotta keep going farther .  I remember that bar being rockier than that.