Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shuswap Region  (Read 1494 times)

kindalonismo

Shuswap Region
« on: July 27, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »

Hey guys, heading to Shuswap for a few days in couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on places to chuck some gear? Was reading about the Shuswap River? Suggestions?

Cheers!

Springger

Re: Shuswap Region
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

Boat or no boat?  If you're just spooncasting you can try the mouth of eagle river.  Salmon arm has some well known spots just around sicamous/mara lake. Downriggers are king for the big bows and lakers especially with this heat rolling in. Regardless you can still catch plenty of bulltrout almost anywhere.  Hang around sicamous at first and see how the bite goes ( murdoch point / sephamore point / annis bay ) then explore if you're getting no action ? Lake level is still relatively high from the previous flooding so watch for debris. And dont drink the water lol

kindalonismo

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 10:08:35 PM »

Thanks for the info Springger, on my way up tomorrow with the family.  I will now include a spinning set-up and some gear :)

Cheers!

rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »

And dont drink the water lol

As far as I know, only the Sicamous area was under a do not drink order and that has now been lifted, and upgraded to a boil water advisory, all due to the flooding.