Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cable Pool  (Read 2040 times)

nickfrost

Cable Pool
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »

Thinking of fishing Cable Pool this week, what would you recommend using? Ive been using wool under the highway 1 bridge and have had some success, would like to try another spot

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Cable Pool
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »

Try short floating some jigs.

Golfer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

I finally experienced solid success the last two evenings at Dog Leg.  Caught and released 4 springs, 4 chum, a couple coho and 2 of what appeared to be small cutthroats, and lost quite a few oher salmon aswell.  The golden ticket was a chartuse bodied and gold blade trophy tackle spinner, fluttering across the tailout.  Fish it as slow as possible near the bottom and hold on tight.  Genuine silver and blue was also producing
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:54:38 AM by Golfer »

Golfer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »

How long was your leader LOL just playing. Now its going to be packed the next few days. Gratz. Next time say you hiked to a canyon pool haha

I don't know if it possible to get anymore packed, it getting ridiculous how busy it gets.  I don't normally fish dog leg, it's just easier to get out of once the it gets dark.  I'll be more than happy if the crowds go there, while I venture deep into the "now" empty caynon.  I know you are kidding about flossing but, I just measured for you, my leader is currenly 17" from swivel to spinner, no added weight.  To be honest it was the first time I have ever caught more than one fish during an outing at the cap, and keep in mind these fish were over two 3 hour sessions.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:03:21 AM by Golfer »

nickfrost

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »

Thanks for the advice! Im going to give it a shot tomorrow.