Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a salmon fishing "date" tomorrow...  (Read 1466 times)

Hoop71

Looking for a salmon fishing "date" tomorrow...
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »

OK here goes....without sounding like a dating profile ;)

I am interested in learning more "hands on" salmon fishing in the smaller tributaries like Vedder/Chilliwack/Stave/Squamish etc...you get the point. Have done spoon/spinner fishing in the tidal Fraser with decent results but now that I have the gear for the smaller rivers (waders/levelwind for float fishing) I want to become more familiar with these new fishing techniques.

I have read every article Rod has on this site and watched more videos than I care to admitt (just ask my wife!) but I am a "hands on" learner.

I have the day off tomorrow and have a vehicle to go to any of the local rivers but am just looking for someone who will give me pointers on presentation/reading the river/float fishing etc.

Before all of you scream just go and explore I am not looking for secret holes, I just want to fish with someone with more experience who would answer questions and give me pointers while hopefully getting into a few fish.This is not so much about where to fish but, how to fish.

Whats in it for you? Free transportation to/from fishing location and lunch on me or a dozen beer to take home if you prefer.

I consider myself mature and believe in ethical fishing (if you tackle box is full of bouncing betties I don't think we would get along).

My interests are fishing/travelling/motorcycling.

I am 43 yrs old and married with no children.

If interested shoot me a PM or email and we can chat further.

Hopefully that does not sound too cheesy but it is worth a try.

Cheers,
Dan

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Looking for a salmon fishing "date" tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

PM sent.

A Frayed Knot

Re: Looking for a salmon fishing "date" tomorrow...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »

This is a pretty awesome idea!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:27:35 PM by A Frayed Knot »
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.