Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tossing spinners/spoons for steelhead?  (Read 31414 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Tossing spinners/spoons for steelhead?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »

Anybody know who the Canadian distributor is going to be ?

mr.p

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »

R&B spoons will be distributed by a company called Trophy Tackle.  The spoons should be in a few of the local tackle shops within a week or two and they'll be available for order via a website within a month or so.  Orders will be shipped from Vancouver so delivery time will be speedy.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »

:)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:47:17 PM by bigblue »

salmonlover

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »

I have not actually dealt with R&B company in the states yet, as all the spoons I have used of theirs have mostly come from friends or contests, etc. I can say though, that I have nailed a lot of fish with them this year, including some absolute pigs 18 to easily over 20. A bunch of these fish have been hit behind people as well tossing other hardware in front of me. My fav's have been the 2/3 silver/copper and silver/brass.

I wouldn't be giving up on them just yet. Once the Canadian distributor is all stocked up it should be pretty smooth sailing for a great spoon! Definitely one of the better I've used, and I'll continue using them for sure!

what makes this spoon superior? I hear a lot of people talk about the quality of their spoons. is it the shape? plating? just curious not questioning it.

mr.p

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »

R&B isn't necessarily a "superior" spoon, but it is an extremely good quality spoon in all aspects and offered at a very good price.
The shape is the classic oval style.  Similar to an Ironhead, BC Steel or RVRFSHR.  This is an excellent all around shape for most water conditions.  It gets down and stays down.  The action of this shape spoon is great not only for attracting and triggering fish to strike but also it is also a pleasure to use as the telltale thump thump thump is easy to read by the angler.  R&B plating and finish options are also top notch.  They do not use nickel in any of their products other than as a base coat for genuine gold top plate.  Gold and silver reflect up to 90% more light than nickel.  A huge benefit in coloured or deep water.  They produce a wide variety of solid or 50/50 metal finishes and colours.

what makes this spoon superior? I hear a lot of people talk about the quality of their spoons. is it the shape? plating? just curious not questioning it.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »

:)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:47:38 PM by bigblue »