Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: East of the Port Mann Bridge  (Read 6249 times)

ICA

East of the Port Mann Bridge
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »

Sometimes when driving across the PM Bridge, I notice boats clustered in an area just east of the bridge and wondering what these guys are fishing for and what techniques are used. Are they jigging, trolling or just casting out spoons and retrieving. Any of you fellas able to shed some light on this for me and perhaps recommend a boat launch if I wish to access the spot.

Thanks in advance.

fishgutz63

Re: East of the Port Mann Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »

maybe try the boat launch just a few clicks down on river road towards tsawaassen  across from the marine shop ,good luck   8)

dmoney

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »

They may be sturgeon fishing.

D$

paulbish

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »

Boat launch is under the Port Mann Bridge on the Coquitlam side

Mr. Iban

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »

You can always try the Brownsville boat launch. Not sure how expensive it is, but someone in the Brownsville Pub may have more information for you. You will find it at the end of 108 Avenue by the river.

Mr. Iban

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »

When you get in the water, head to the left.

G.A.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »

under the port man bridge on coq side is a public boat launch. also right there is the coq river to feed into the fraser, when i fished there it was most salmon species and we did spin glow and bar rid style. wait for low tide to walk out or its rea real shallow long way out at the mouth of coq. was when we used to go there till they gated the fishing hole under the bridge. there are more out at boat launch are also.
on surrey side is brownsville and is same type fishing. could be sturgeon there also

Copper Koski

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »

Iv been fishing that area pretty hard the last few days. Pinks are starting to show in massive waves now. The most pink activity for me has been the first half of the incoming tide. Casting and retrieving spoons and spinners has been very effictive, and the water clarity is improving every day. The boat launch is located at the end of Burbidge St. off United Blvd.

G.A.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

deffinatly pinks are running now. they where delayed at the mouth and over past 2 days are now coming up. huge diff in my counts of catch n release over sun and mon up at scale bar.
might try mission bridge tonight. best time is last 3 hours of incoming tide. anything bright n shiny or pink will work short cast also.

G.A.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »

copper coski....does cp cops still come down under bridge to kick people out? hit us a few times.all under the bridge is their land...

Copper Koski

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »

Not sure, I'm fishing from a boat, have yet to see any shore anglers in that area. It probably wouldn't be the best idea playing "frogger" over dozens of railway tracks.

G.A.

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »

where im talking there is no tracks anywhere. its just their land and was used for years to fish from then when they improved the launch under prt man they put up a gate to slow weekend evening partiers from going in there. ive seen fire trucks in there dealing with the drunken tire fires in the past and that was it for entry.
where i was reffering to is the gravel road to under the port man bridge in the back area towards dykes and the colony farm bug farm

thx anyway

Copper Koski

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »

Ahh sorry, I was thinking the south side of the river. I have noticed quite a few more fish running on the south side.

ICA

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »

Fellas, I truly appreciate the many helpful information volunteered by so many of you and I am looking forward to giving it a shot this week since I live just minutes from the area. Just one other question and that is regarding whether the boats are anchored or are they just drifting? I assume that it is fairly deep in these parts. Thanks again! :)

G.A.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »

they would be anchored....i would be