Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Confused - How many rods can you use.  (Read 6282 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Confused - How many rods can you use.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 07:30:36 AM »

Thats the way I remembered it being, you could only have rods for every licence. Not fifty rods hanging out the boat cause thats snagging.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »

For fresh water you can only have 1 rod fishing from anywhere other than boat.  On boat you can have 2 rods to 1 person.

On the chuck you can have as many as you want you can have 50 if you're that good at seperating them out and not tangled together.

PS with 50 rods out that's not snagging that's netting.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

Here is an update for those who were curious on the restriction of rod numbers at local piers as promised.

After discussing with the DFO regional manager and Steveston field office, my understanding of the regulation is correct, which is that there are no limit on the number of rods on local piers other than the ones in the tidal portion of streams (ie. tidal Fraser River). The DFO fishery officers have been briefed after this discussion so they fully understand when they are out enforcing.

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »

Here is an update for those who were curious on the restriction of rod numbers at local piers as promised.

After discussing with the DFO regional manager and Steveston field office, my understanding of the regulation is correct, which is that there are no limit on the number of rods on local piers other than the ones in the tidal portion of streams (ie. tidal Fraser River). The DFO fishery officers have been briefed after this discussion so they fully understand when they are out enforcing.

Thanx for that Rodney
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.