Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: missing on the river  (Read 10344 times)

island boy

missing on the river
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

just got back fron the river and at the island 22 boat launch the chilliwack and kent SAR were setting up. sounds like someone went under down river from there. seems like alot of guys going down this year.
you kill it, you clean it.

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: missing on the river
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »

On the BC Fishing Reports site, more information about the unfortunate accident is available. It was fishing related and one fellow was saved but they could not get to his fishing partner in time.  Unfortunate to hear about these type of accidents, my condolences to the family of the deceased.

noxcape

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »

can you post the info on here for me to see from bcfr im banned from there but i know the guy who is missings cousin hes roomates wiuth my sister in calgary and im trying to keep them updated id really appreciate it

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »

Here is more information about the fishing accident......

The guys in the white boat were my My son, Matt, and his buddy Laing from Laings Fishing Advetures. They pulled the one guy from the river, today and saw the other guy float by about 3 feet under the surface, then sink out of sight. The guy they pulled him into their boat was so weak he could not talk. The two of them had to haul him over the side......It was a very stressful day for the boys......At least they saved one guy from near death. They both feel bad about the other guy who went to the bottom.............Ortho

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »

They have given up the search. The person missing is my wifes friends fiancée. Wife has been in contact with her friend. My wife is taking it hard because its so close to the family. She is talking like it could have been me and stressing about it. The guy and his fiancée just bought a new townhouse and were ready to start their lives together. Very sad.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

noxcape

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »

bryan do me a huge favore can you come on facebook chat for a secind buddy

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:22 PM »

This is becoming too commonplace this year. It's been said before and worth repeating again; be careful out there.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »

Oh cupcakes....

A fish is NOT worth it... if it looks dicey, it's probably deadly :(

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:40 AM »

did this happen by any chance because of the very soft "walk in" area at Pegleg ??

I have heard of lots of people falling in there this year because the ground is not hard at all and just keeps getting washed away, if you step close to the edge prepare to swim for your life.

and by walk in i mean the area to the left of the road before you cross the channel now that we all know you can cross but only if you know where to

my condolences go out to his friends and family
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Weatherby

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »

sorry to hear...thoughts go out to everyone

arimaBOATER

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »

That's really tragic.
So sad to hear.
Seems so many people are either dying or close to...either boating fishing swimming etc...
Thoughts & prayers to family & friends at this trying & sad time.

Careful everyone.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

arimaBOATER

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

Rod's link to the story also has links to other recent drownings...
:63 male from England had his hip-waders fill with water on the Chilliwack River...
:Dan Thain owner of Steelhead Marine in Mission presumed drowned in Harrison Lake...
:41 yr old Ist Nations man drown when he fell into the Fraser north of Yale...
(also a teen girl drown at Hatzic "sp?" Lake not long ago)
Plus yeasterday's drowning... Just too many.
Maybe it's time to wear even a floation type of waist belt ...when near the Fraser's water edge.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »

What is going on out there, are these fisherman who are drowning wearing waders? How does this happen, where is the common sense?
* Dont stand on a ledge with waders, dont cross water without a belt. Wear a freaking life jacket in the boat, there are gravel bars poping up everywhere in the Fraser now. *

August24th, A man by the name of Mark Findley is still missing after tubing the Upper Chilliwack River.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:42:22 PM by Rodney »
The Bigger The Better!

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »

Here is more information about the fishing accident......

The guys in the white boat were my My son, Matt, and his buddy Laing from Laings Fishing Advetures. They pulled the one guy from the river, today and saw the other guy float by about 3 feet under the surface, then sink out of sight. The guy they pulled him into their boat was so weak he could not talk. The two of them had to haul him over the side......It was a very stressful day for the boys......At least they saved one guy from near death. They both feel bad about the other guy who went to the bottom.............Ortho

Such a sad story, my condolences go out to the gentlemans family....I was told by Lang today as he is my cousin.. just saw it on the news as well.. such a tragic..Be careful out there everyone
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!