Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 98784 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lots of limbs breaking off the tress now because of the freezing rain. Donot think many people will be out but watch out if walking below trees. It is just at the freezing mark now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Report coming in, visibility is under a foot at this time.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Updated from some sources river out and rising.

Jk47

Graph shows river dropping - if the rain and wind holds off it should be a pretty good weekend. Fingers crossed

NothingToSnagAbout

The graph looks a little wonky, I guess the snow disrupts the readings?

Jk47

Can anyone tell me if the gravel road at Tamihi is drivable? Was going to rent a cabin at the end of the road down there this weekend but I haven't even been down there this winter, and with the conditions right now, I'm guessing it's 3 ft of frozen slush.... If anyone has actually physically been down there in the last 24 hours and could give me the goods I would appreciate, thanks

swimmingwiththefishes

Can anyone tell me if the gravel road at Tamihi is drivable? Was going to rent a cabin at the end of the road down there this weekend but I haven't even been down there this winter, and with the conditions right now, I'm guessing it's 3 ft of frozen slush.... If anyone has actually physically been down there in the last 24 hours and could give me the goods I would appreciate, thanks

As they also operate the RV site at Tamahi, you could give Thurston Meadows campground a ring.

Jk47

Good idea , thanks Fishes

stsfisher

As they also operate the RV site at Tamahi, you could give Thurston Meadows campground a ring.
I might suggest you call the guy running the B&B cabin. Simple solution to your problem.

Jk47

Cabin's been taken off the site, I assume because the road is impassable

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Condition were so good this AM, I could not believe I did not get one or see one caught. Lickman Road parking lot closed and I imagine Peach too. Trees and limbs down everywhere.

Jk47

I managed a beautiful hatchery doe about 12 lbs and heard of others, beautiful day-River's in great shape!

psd1179

• Old Timer

I managed a beautiful hatchery doe about 12 lbs and heard of others, beautiful day-River's in great shape!

Show me the picture

ribolovac02

Show me the picture

Maybe go out there fishing, catch a fish , take a picture and post it your self, couse at five posts on this forum , you are sure asking a lot ...

psd1179

• Old Timer

Maybe go out there fishing, catch a fish , take a picture and post it your self, couse at five posts on this forum , you are sure asking a lot ...

What I asked is a photo buddy.
Went to vedder 5 times, only one hook up but finnaly lost. A new photo could cheer me up.