British Columbia Sport & Outdoor Lounge > Sport Chat

BC Lions ...out with the old & in with the new & improved.

(1/4) > >>

arimaBOATER:
Big signing today inking Mike Reilly QB at $700,000 per season.
Burnham receiver signed at $200,000 per season.
Relatively new GM ( 2nd yr ) new coach, new QB & resigning of key Lions...
Trying to get their ROAR back in the 2019 season.
Reilly knows this area well as he was a Lion for was it 2 yrs? before going to the Eskimos.

Think he won at least 1 Grey Cup ( maybe 2 ) with Esks in the not so long time he's been there.
He's not so injury prone as Lulay.
More confidence than up & down Jonathan Jennings.
Jennings game was like a walk on thin ice ...he just got happy to make a good play then faltered ...
It was like he needed a time out between plays. Like a clock that needed winding up every minute.

Watch out Calgary & the league.
Think the Edmonton fans will be giving the boo boo boo to their former QB when Lions visit northern Alberta.  He divorced them to get fresh air & maybe he doesn't see eye to eye with Esk coach & for the dough. $$$.  ;D

Fish Assassin:
Love the signing of Reilly, Burnham, Lemar Durant, Suk Chungh and Duron Carter. Lions now have a potential very potent receiving corp. The downside is that my season tickets are going to cost more next season  ;)

Novabonker:
I renewed  my tickets again this year. After all the rally years the fans deserve  a  bone.

arimaBOATER:
Seen the new head coach on tv sports news. He was with a sports reporter on top of a Grouse Mt
He was even trying to ice skate ( not ski ) & had a walker to help him with his balance. Little out dr rink on the mt.
Hey the guy is getting familiar with this area.
I'm getting excited with this coming season.
Football season also means warmer weather.
Too cold & it's near end of a Feb.
25 F last night.
Side note : see a sea gull or crow & ya have a food donation...throw them something. Walnut for crow / small piece whole wheat bread or dry cat chow ...you will make a feathery friend.

arimaBOATER:
Rumor.
Lions saying good bye to their star linebacker.
3 other teams interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version