Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legal Issues Re Fish farms  (Read 6631 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Legal Issues Re Fish farms
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »

Now you are just being silly. Perhaps you can tell me why US money is not doing the same to salmon farms in Washington, Maine and Alaska.
Nova, Fisherbob makes a valid point IMO. I'm interested in your opinion as to why American fish farming practices, especially those just to the south of us in Washington State are never, ever, mentioned by Almo and her supporters.  I have my thoughts on this I'm willing to share ... what are yours??

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »

Looks like Washington and Maine have been on top of it for decades. Must be why Doc Morton and the small box crew over look farm just a few miles to the south of us.
http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=0&article_id=102192

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »

Nova, Fisherbob makes a valid point IMO. I'm interested in your opinion as to why American fish farming practices, especially those just to the south of us in Washington State are never, ever, mentioned by Almo and her supporters.  I have my thoughts on this I'm willing to share ... what are yours??

With all due respect Dave, check my posts and you'll find I don't believe you'll find me quote or mention Ms. Morton anywhere.As Canadians, we need to sweep our own doorstep before we have any right to be sanctimonious with other jurisdictions where our opinions just aren't as relevant. I've looked at both sides of the coin and my opinion is based on humankind continuing to dump crap in the ocean.I believe it's reaching the tipping point. In my 57 years, I've watched  the winters in my home province go from cold enough to freeze the Atlantic to eerily similar to west coast winters. When do we say enough?

And for crying out loud Bawb, maybe try posting something other than the cheerleading section from "fish farms are us".  I just went to put up this post and before I could do it, yet another asinine pile of self serving link crap gets installed by you. 
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »

"And for crying out loud Bawb, maybe try posting something other than the cheerleading section from "fish farms are us".  I just went to put up this post and before I could do it, yet another asinine pile of self serving link crap gets installed by you."
 Lead the way NB. Lead the way. :)