Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser sockeye  (Read 5283 times)

fish007

Fraser sockeye
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »

Want to get my first sockeye on the Fraser.   Someone told me that is near hope. but I do not know where to access the river.Would some one suggest a place(shore fising) on ther fraser to start. Thx in advance

ChromeBar

Re: Fraser sockeye
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »

Should probably wait to see if we get a sockeye opening in august before you start targeting them.. Hope is a good bet.

alan

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »

i hear there's a 50% chance of 11.4 million returning, that doesn't seem like good odds.  Especially since there was a higher return estimated last year...and they closed it.

fish007

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »

OK.  Is Laidlaw Bar a good one? Is it easy to access?
Or Pegleg. Which one is easier for parking and fish from shore??

Nitroholic

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »

You realise the river is closed right?

fish007

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »

I am preparing for opening

gman

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:40 PM »

During high water many bars will not be accessible. By August (possible openning time)  bars such as Laidlaw or Pegleg will likely be easily accessible. If you'reinterested go take a drive and a look - most of them will be underwater still now.

alan

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »

Hurling Island was one of my favorites, you could drive your truck right up onto the beach and have a whole stretch all to yourself.  Damn off-roaders wreck everything.

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:33 AM »

Leave nothing in your car.  LOTS of cars get broken into out that way during salmon season.....

ricer

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

can't compare one year to the next only to what happened four years ago and that is even ify.  Don't bet on anything until it is time.  barkley sound had a great sockeye run this year and it has been dead there for a decade!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »

can't compare one year to the next only to what happened four years ago and that is even ify.  Don't bet on anything until it is time.  barkley sound had a great sockeye run this year and it has been dead there for a decade!

I think Barkley also had a decent year last year.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

Was good last year no?
always a student

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »

Leave nothing in your car.  LOTS of cars get broken into out that way during salmon season.....

i know this all to well... my first and only trip to the fraser and my locks got punched out and they rifled thru my car.... funny thing was they got nothing but the guys cigarettes fell out of his pocket and stayed in my truck.....

not so funny part is that i had to get my locks fixed..  since then i dont bother... I went to laidlaw and i dont like the set up of parking and not being able to see the car.....
see ya on the river

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »

I have a very small game camera that is about the size of  a fist that I wrap in black tape but leave the required openings open.  then I spray it with 3m contact glue and role it in the grass and leaves to that it is camoed real nice.  When I leave my truck in the woods I place the camoed-camera out of site but pointed at the truck with a view of the road in hopes of getting a license plate.  I have never caught any body but I see who has drove by.  Makes me feel better  about leaving the truck.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

fishyfish

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

That is a great idea. What are one of those worth?