Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: broken rod, help ><  (Read 3386 times)

JiG_Head

broken rod, help ><
« on: January 16, 2005, 11:11:27 PM »

... ummm this it how it goes...
i went to toronto over the christmas break. ... and my mom decided to clean the house... she accidently.. ??? broke my telescope rod >< :'( she didnt break the ones i brought here... but she broke my 98% carbon one that i got when i was in asia.(this was my only one left because my shimano holidayspin got dragged into the water by a sail boat)... she broke the tip off and the 3 other guides just poped off and disappeared...  if u guys know telescope rods ull know wat im talking about.

just wondering where can i buy a new front section, and guides etc etc. thx in advance :)
the shyt talker.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
Re: broken rod, help ><
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:29:16 PM »

Well, how long is the piece that she broke off ???   if its only couple of inches, don't worrie too much about it,  place back the loose guides and glue on a tip...  But before you actually gule it, run the line over it, and try to dead-lift a weighted object to see the line spacing.. if the guides are too close together, just remove one of them, and check the curve again... before put the glue on the rod tip... 
But like you said, you lost few of the guides.... you might have to do some searching on the internet, casue no tackle store will carry them locally...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:32:14 PM »

Yep, what SK said. If you want, you can come over and I have some of those sliding guides sitting around. You can do some fittings and see which ones would be ideal.

JiG_Head

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:41:40 PM »

it is only a couple inch... :D he-he but she lost the tip and the 3 other ones after it.... Rodney, really Appreciate the offer. but I'm a bit on the shy side and grade 12 is realllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyy hard this year >< but ill pm u some day :) thanks :D

but this rod is more of a shore jigging rod... so spinning reels dont really fit it. i was thinking since the tip was broken... ill just chop another maybe 4 inch off it and glue on a replacement tip that u buy from shore and turn it into jigging rod for rockfish, would this be a good idea? this thing is really stiff. it says is made with 98% carbon but is really thin.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 11:45:49 PM by JiG_Head »
the shyt talker.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 11:52:34 PM »

Well jig head, either you can bring it to rod or myself, we both can fix it for you.. But we have to have a look at the rod first before we can give you advice weather or not you should cut off another 4 inches...    just e-mail/ pm either one of us.. i'm sure we can work something out....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:09:13 AM »

Don't worry about Rod Jig Head. His bark is bigger than his bite  ;)

JiG_Head

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 12:15:02 AM »

like the entire rod i think is carbon and really stiff... except for the tip which i think is made from bamboo cause it looks like a stick... lol im serious ><.... i know is not a big problem to fix. but ya. if i have time sure ill give u guys a call :)   and ask for some river fishing tips for salmon or watever. and direction... i never done that before, and i suck with casting reels :P
the shyt talker.