Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder coho everywhere. . .no takers!!!!!  (Read 3599 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder coho everywhere. . .no takers!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »

A couple of friend and myself were out today at Vedder.  We got there well not too early but still okay.  Anyways.  We walked around abit finding a good spot without so many chum mixing in.  Found a good stretch my friend got into a small jack coho but soon it popped out.  All in all lots of chum and a few bit coloured spring and a few frightened coho (chased by chum) and thats about it.  Got tired of realeasing chums we decided to head home early.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 10:59:41 PM »

"The river is to low for seals to come up."

No, not really it just makes it easier to club them back downstream. ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

Went out yesterday for a serious session, and today for a walk around to check out water before the family feed... I unfortunately saw a dead female chum that was laying in the bottom of a pool, a victim of belly hunting...

Yesterday was such a great day, we had such a good time, fished from 11am until 7pm, and the day felt like about three hours. Got into some chum, and my boyfriend caught his first! Here's a photo of him playing his trophy :)

After his fourth one, he now says he is starting to understand why they are sort of annoying :) And my rod that he was using came the closest I've ever seen it come to breaking, the fish was nuts and impossible to control... Mental note, I also must get a bigger net, only half of it fit in my current model :)

Anyhow, I hooked a hot chinook on my black bugger, and that fish had me into my backing in about two seconds... Unfortunately he got a loop on me, and when trying to untangle my flyline, the guy broke me off. Never got to see that one exept for one leap, and it pushed 20 pounds easy.

As for the coho, they were there, and started to roll everywhere in the last hour of light. I managed this one, which seemed to be the younger brother of last weeks!

And then, on a billion snags, we managed to lose the remainder of the black muddlers and black buggers, and we were, well buggered ;)

All and all, it was a great day, and I was happy to avoid the mayhem I witnessed today while walking between the quarry and cottonwoods! I didn't even bother tossing a fly other than one settling pond... Wow I can't wait until we get a foot of volume... With another week of sun forecast, it looks like coho season may be over before we get it though :(

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:21:49 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Boozi

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 11:23:29 PM »

Nice fish Nicole
Toss that Roe and get a Hoe

Sabre

• Bite Me
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »

Nice coho Nicole :)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 09:25:16 AM »

Went out yesterday for a serious session, and today for a walk

Are you fishing on the vedder?

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 11:44:19 AM »

Nice Coho Nicole, and great reports! :)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 12:31:33 PM »

thx for the report guys!, Nice fishy nicole :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Ribwart

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »

Yesterday was such a great day, we had such a good time, fished from 11am until 7pm, and the day felt like about three hours.

I had one of those days yesterday with the girlfriend and a buddy of mine...really a great day when you can avoid or ignore the crowds, despite their presence, and just enjoy the company and the views!!! Having good friends with you can have a way of insulating you...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 02:19:54 PM by Ribwart »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 09:41:27 PM »

went out saturday, me my buddy and his cousin, both are older than me and both were catching more fish than any one else, in total we hooked 6 springs 5 were dark one was ifish, 1 coho silver, and 42 chum.  Every body would cast right on your line when ever u hooked a fish, really pissed me off when i lost one of the silver springs i hooked! >:(
Fish killer 101