Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Thursady March 10th  (Read 1362 times)

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
Vedder Thursady March 10th
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:30:31 PM »

Sorry a short report as not much to report again! :( Started accross and up from Bergman road, water perfect a little bit of colour and running about three to four foot deep, water apparently came up 1ft after the last rain fall but looks like it has fallen down again.
moved up to meat hole at Lickman same story no fish, and after about an hour or so everyone had left, a few guuys were still down by the tail out. Went up river by Kyack camp and then up to Slesse park. Water slightly cloudy up there but still very good visibility, then down to fish the pocket water at Tamahi, sme results everywhere and every one I spoke to. Except one guy who said he had a 10lb wild on at Peach Rd. Finally in desperation  :'( I went down to KWB as I keep hearing of all the fish  being taken there recently, but alas same result I fished the whole bar as I only had 1 speycaster ahead of me, but same. Spoke to tons of guys and everyone is wondering where all the fish have gone ??? I am getting a little frustrated this year as I keep coming up empty. A horrilbe year for me as I have only managed One 12" steelie smolt and One 15" white fish, in eleven trips, now there's honesty for ya  :D Anyone else had it this bad?

Sandy

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Thursady March 10th
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:45:20 PM »

me to,worse year for coho and steelhead,not that I slay them Coho 5 for 2, Steelhead 7 for zip :-[, wifes getting suspicious :o
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

OhU812?

• EAT IT!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 10:04:24 PM »

Fished with 2 buddies on the upper river today. We were into fish off and on all day. Things seemed to heat up in the afternoon, ended up my 2 buddies bonked thier hatchery fish and I came home with nada. But the battles were enjoyable. Me thinks there are not a whole lot of new fish ,the ones that are there are a bit stale and have seen alot of shyt, and probably have been hooked a few times already. One of the wild does I landed today had a huge gash just ahead of it's tail from being snagged no doubt,as there are guys out there who have to resort to long lineing fish just to get their meat >:(. Anyway, great day on the flow. Water good color, just a little on the low side.

champ

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:42:40 AM »

Well sassyboy
at least you had a great day
fishing all day, then winning at the poker table all night
You know what they say
Lucky at cards , unlucky at fishing
or something like that
Champ