Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Sunday Nov 11  (Read 2494 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Vedder Sunday Nov 11
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »

Well, it's long weekend, and rain has finally stopped.  So decided to make it out one of the rivers to fish.  Arrived at Norrish first. Wow, never mind, don't feel like walking a long way just to park my car.  Chehalis?? Never mind.  Didn't feel like wondering into the canyon area.  So Vedder again.

First stop mid-top, water still coloured so no good.  But tried anyways, and of course nothing bites.  By this time it's about 1pm so lunch break. (yap fishing is that slow, I actually took lunch break)  Anyways, after lunch back to the flow, this time went above Allison pool area, yap water clarity is better.  by 2:30pm it sprinkeled some snow flakes, hmm, I thought this is still coho season, it's beggining to feel like steelheading season.

Around 3:30pm as the sun sets below mountain peak, fish starts to bite.  Hook set was bad, I guess I'm just abit entius first 6 fish, set hook, fish leaped I can see the hook just at it's mouth tip,  pop.  Finally by 7th fish I guess it's 4 something now, and I'm starting to loose track of my float and that's when I finally did not set hook too early.  Ended the day with two fish.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Vedder Sunday Nov 11
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:38:42 AM »

Nice report - thanks.

You get them on roe?

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:53:21 AM »

Great job! I had a couple of friends hit the Vedder as well yesterday, and all they got were a couple of booty chums. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.  ;D

gman

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »

I fished the Vedder Monday morning, in the storm.

I landed one wild coho, in decent shape, just starting to get a pinkish sheen. I had one other fish on briefly.

It was a fairly short outing as the weather chased me home. :D

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:23:29 PM »

Great job! I had a couple of friends hit the Vedder as well yesterday, and all they got were a couple of booty chums. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.  ;D
Hey leaping steely,nice chromer you got,especially this time of the season,look at the silver chrome color  still at the rear of the tail part,good catch ;)