Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Wed Oct. 25th.  (Read 5090 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Vedder Wed Oct. 25th.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

Snap any photos :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Hook Set

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 03:47:35 PM »

Nice coho BwiBwi. You guys sure are doing good hooking these coho. Havent got one all season so far. But this saturday is another day ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:15:16 PM by Hook Set »

allwaysfishin

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »

umm  no..... no pics.... i generally fish on my own these days... i'm liking the solitude. rest assured though, come steelhead season, the camera will be hard at it. I really don't bother taking pics during salmon season on the river.

Pat AV

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 07:17:01 PM »

Quote Rod "See folks, this is what BwiBwi does. He posts a contraversial topic on the forum, gets people arguing over a headless fish"

Right on bro...if you think that is cool! It is your forum after all!
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »

No, I don't necessarily think it's cool (thought the eye rolling smilie at the end tells that). Obviously he didn't do it on purpose, but I end up sitting here more than I am fishing lately. :P ;D

Pat AV

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 08:20:48 PM »

Rod

Classy reply and point taken! In all seriousness I think you run a great forum here and I also think the sniping that plagues other boars is under control here!

I also really like the stewardship aspect that is present on this board, I got an e-mail from my DFO community adviser about a stewardship related section of this site that is on the way....good for you and keep up the good work!

I also like the spell check feature (even an idiot like me can look smart with that bad boy)

Keep up the good work!

Pat

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 10:33:58 PM »

Whiners.  It's a good photo of a beautiful chum.  But unfortunately for some, they like to lecture before paying more attention to their fish identifying skill.   :P ;D

Pat AV

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 10:53:29 PM »

looks like the classy replies end with Rod hey BwiBwi? The post in question was garbadge and you should be ashamed for putting it up! As for my fish ID skills, I will promise you they are equal to yours. That is cool that you caught a chum with red meat but you will have to fish a long time to see another with meat like that! No head no tail and discolored from laying in a cooler? I ID my fish before they are in a sink!

If you go trolling like that expect to catch some flack so don't wine about it when you do!

And for the pic being "beautiful" I stopped taking pictures of meat laying in the sink when I was a kid, nothing beautiful about it!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:58:58 PM by Pat AV »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 11:00:25 PM »

Whiners.  It's a good photo of a beautiful chum.  But unfortunately for some, they like to lecture before paying more attention to their fish identifying skill.   :P ;D

so the next time i leave the river with a headless, tail-less fish and a dfo officer happens to catch me i can refer him to you.

i myself suspected your fish was a chrome chum (faint yellow bars), but kind of hard to say when you're looking at it from one dimension on a screen, not the greatest photo to boot. no head, no tail. ya i guess i'm one of those whiners. :P ::) :P

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 11:02:46 PM »

Woo, tachie. Oh well what can I expect?  Some people love to judge by meat colour.  However, it's never a identifying point in any salmon identification method. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:04:54 PM by BwiBwi »

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »

Actually head and tail is already in the cooker making miso soup  :P  When I realized I haven't taken a photo of the first chrome chum I've ever taken out of Vedder.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 11:12:25 PM »

Glad you enjoy the forum Pat AV. There isn't really one "best" forum, each has its own kind of crowd that accommodates the readers. The stewardship related section is here:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php#8

I hope some will be able to make good use of it. Getting more fishermen involved in community stewardship programs was one of the objectives when this website was established.

Folks, I say the mystery fish has already been IDed, some learned something, I learned BwiBwi loves to flyfish, spoon fish, bait fish but also trolling (I still think it was not his intention to create such a fuss originally :) ). ;D It is time to move onto other topics and focus on this weekend's fishing plans. ;)

Pat AV

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:14 PM »

"Woo, tachie. Oh well what can I expect?  Some hotties just love to be a monkey on the back."

I am not generally a sniper on these boards but this one just rubbed me wrong!

I would challenge you to a fish ID challenge but that would make me look even sillier right? (plus I am not sure if such a thing is possible)

That is a nice chum I have only landed one like that in the vedder in many years, and have never seen meat that red on any chum (could just be how the photo looks).

Sorry if I offended you, but I am sure you were trolling for responses like mine anyway so you should thank me instead of calling me a monkey on your back!

Nice doggy regardless!

Edit: Rod yes I am done with this topic but I will reply to other points you have mentioned in this edit

Stewardship is one of the great things about sport fishing it is a natural progression that once you learn to love fish you will want to help them out, I have been highly involved in stewardship since I was in junior high many years ago the love of fishing lead me along this path.

weekend plans include a closing day trip to a little river near Hope to try to find some summers and maybe a trip to the T or brood stock fishing on the rivers of north van should be a good one I love the sound of the rain right now!

Good luck to all this weekend!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:25:31 PM by Pat AV »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:38 PM »

listen guys it's obviously in his sink at home and ready for the freezer or the oven so don't assume it was taken home like this

we know he didn't take it home like that. its called sarcasm. the guy starts a thread, leaves it for a couple of days then when people weren't getting the answers to their questions things got a little heated.  he comes back calls us whiners and refers to us as unknowledgable.

rod says it was unintentional, maybe so, but butthead's response was clearly intentional.

:P L0SER :P

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:27:43 PM »

Yarn, like most of your post blaydRnr.