Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder success July 15  (Read 1639 times)

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
Vedder success July 15
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:43:52 PM »

Just back from a nice camping weekend at Cultus Lake. Fished the mid Vedder Saturday morning from 6 a.m. - 8:30 a..m. Fished my first spot from about 6 - ~ 7:45 with no bites except for the trout. Moved up river ~ 1.5 km to one of my favorite spots. 3rd cast and first red spring of the year; a 15 lb. buck. Had a very light red tinge to him. Packed up and left so I could fillet him and put him in the marinade (1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup soya sauce, 1/3 cup lemon juice,  1 1/2 tsp dill and a pinch of nutmeg). We had a great Chilliwack summer dinner - red chinook and corn.

This was my second trip out so far this year and so far 1 to speak of. I used steelhead roe from April processed in Pro-Cure Red Hot double stuff.

Good luck!!!

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
Re: Vedder success July 15
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

Nothing better to end the weekend with a spring marinaded, sounds tasty :) A freind of mine uses the same but adds ginger and dash of msg and garlic. :)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

rickjames_2

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »

were you above or below tamahi bridge? if thats not too much info to share.. ;)
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 05:15:31 PM »

I was below the tamihi bridge - between the bridge and Osbourne pool.