Fishing in British Columbia > The Fish Kitchen

bullhead

<< < (2/7) > >>

DragonSpeed:

--- Quote from: otto on June 11, 2004, 09:56:20 PM ---BULLHEADS.....rinse the slime off em, nail em to a barn wall, cut and peel the skin off, gut, rinse.......roll in cornmeal flour, salt and pepper, toss on a greased hot cast iron frying pan, open beer enjoy!!!! nothing like fried catfish, apple pie, and cold beer.!!!   8)

--- End quote ---

Great - I don't have a barn ::), so I guess it's no catfish for me :(  ;D

otto:
er......sculpin i've never caught or eaten....LOL my bad.....and are bullheads not a species of catfish???

CATFISH!!! them is really good eating!!!!!, i went to a fishing derby in the States and they had a catfish contest (biggest fish, most fisf, and weiredest looking one)  then they had a huge catfish barbeque. rolled something like 300 fair sized catfish steaks in cornmeal and spices, fried em up, served with potato salad, beer, apple pie and cookie!!! best fish i have ever eaten.

nok that i have hijacked the post, back to you Chumman ;D ;D ;D ;D

JigHead:
well when ever people who walks by a pier that isnt very experianced in fishing. they always tend to think a sculpin is some what of a catfish. so thats why we call them bullheads.

no they arent  poisonous but because of their feeding beheavior.. they are loaded with those worms that looks liek a screw in their flesh.  along with all the sea parasites... but their relative... the cabezon is very good eating. :D

THE_ROE_SLINGER:
Adanac keeps bull head he should know :)

otto:
Big Als cajun eatery on east 1st ave near the on ramp....best dam* fried catfish this side of Alabama!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version