Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Hatchery Coho Tidal Fraser  (Read 49765 times)

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: Hatchery Coho Tidal Fraser
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2018, 09:13:16 AM »

This year we have been decency lucky open for sockeye and Chinook.

Next year we could conceivably have a spring Chinook closure go into sockeye closure go into a coho closure go into a steelhead closure.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:16:08 AM by wildmanyeah »

poper

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »

The number of stealhead caught bar fishing is super low, there’s no way this fishery effects there run, it’s a joke we can’t fish this year till oct 24, the natives will get openings on the river when it’s closed for bar fishing? How does this make sense?

Tangles

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:29 AM »

Bait ban makes some sense, it does lead to more bleeding fish and higher mortality. There is many ways to catch fish and I can live with a bait ban. Total closure including tossing lures and flyfishing for hatchery fish certainly does NOT make sense.
However it goes in line with how DFO "manages" every other fishery - time after time they choose a total closure instead of really addressing the issue, and then when the dust had settled ofcourse unleash the nets and still scoop it all up.
Ralphy please dont try to tell me how concerned dfo is with IFS - they have thrown it under the bus for many years now, and their mismanagement is what caused the decimation - not the few fellas killing five coho a year while barfishing for a month in the rain and spending hundreds of $s supporting a local industry(that is dying as well)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2018, 10:59:42 AM »

Ralphy please dont try to tell me how concerned dfo is with IFS - they have thrown it under the bus for many years now, and their mismanagement is what caused the decimation - not the few fellas killing five coho a year while barfishing for a month in the rain and spending hundreds of $s supporting a local industry(that is dying as well)

That's right stick words in my mouth and construct the usual strawman argument and dump truck load of crap. Forget about your announced intent to poach salmon.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

is cutthroat fishing still open?  on lower Fraser?  Tying to read the regs is steelhead fishing open on the lower Fraser?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:45:20 AM by wildmanyeah »

Tangles

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »

Harvesting hatchery fish within your daily limit is not poaching in my books Ralphy. This is fish produced by the government with our own money with the sole purpose of harvesting and feeding the sportfishermen and their families. There is no logical argument to catch and repease pen fish that has been proven detrimental to wild stocks by countless of legit studies over the last few decades.
Of course the forum clown will now spout insults again in 3...2...1...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »

Justifying poaching says everything needs to be said about you.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »

Harvesting hatchery fish within your daily limit is not poaching in my books Ralphy. This is fish produced by the government with our own money with the sole purpose of harvesting and feeding the sportfishermen and their families. There is no logical argument to catch and repease pen fish that has been proven detrimental to wild stocks by countless of legit studies over the last few decades.
Of course the forum clown will now spout insults again in 3...2...1...

Well said 👏👏

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2018, 04:21:54 PM »

...our poachers two.

this is too much like trolling for suckers. Ignore user controls in effect.Toodle-dee-doo! 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:23:30 PM by RalphH »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2018, 08:38:24 AM »

Tidel fraser still open for 2 hatch marked steelhead a day?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2018, 09:42:00 AM »

As they are open, my buddy plans to spey floss for tuna.

poper

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

Ralph why are you so dorky?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »

No sense of satire or parody ?

As the great philosopher and dramatist Seneca wrote , some things are deserving of severe ridicule.

there are no loopholes poper. Someone who chucks spoons, spinners or bar fishes bait will be deemed to be salmon fishing on the lower Fraser will be ticketed and perhaps lose their tackle & possibly their vehicle or boat.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »

No sense of satire or parody ?

As the great philosopher and dramatist Seneca wrote , some things are deserving of severe ridicule.

there are no loopholes poper. Someone who chucks spoons, spinners or bar fishes bait will be deemed to be salmon fishing on the lower Fraser will be ticketed and perhaps lose their tackle & possibly their vehicle or boat.

Completely untrue tossing spoons for cutthroat on the lower fraser won't be deemed fishing for salmon. sheesh, A DFO office tho will ask you what you are fishing for, so perhaps don't say salmon.

They could make it a finfish closure with stougeon being the expection if that's what they wanted.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »

Nope! People have been ticketed and fined for fishing when the river was closed to salmon fishing in that manner though claimed to be target other species. The FO makes the decision based on the tackle used, bait or lure location presence of species etc not on what the angler claims to targeting. Not a lot of cutties in the lower river these days, though I have run into some near the Stave mouth.

Now tuna - that's may be worth investigating or so says my friend. LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13