Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison white springs  (Read 2625 times)

Jace

Harrison white springs
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »

So im heading to Killby to camp and fish on October the 14th. Just wondering how the spring fishing is during that time, will be fishing plugs on the harrison....
Also wondering if it would be worth it to bring a spin caster to fish for coho from shore with spoons right at killby for when im not on the boat.

Thanks

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Harrison white springs
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »

So im heading to Killby to camp and fish on October the 14th. Just wondering how the spring fishing is during that time, will be fishing plugs on the harrison....
Also wondering if it would be worth it to bring a spin caster to fish for coho from shore with spoons right at killby for when im not on the boat.

Thanks
Always worth a try, coho can be good at the mouth where it meets the Fraser and you can pick up some nice chum too.

Observe what the others are doing there to increase your success rate.

Jace

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Ill be bringing my drift rod to try some jiggs, and my spincaster

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 09:27:09 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Ill be bringing my drift rod to try some jiggs, and my spincaster
They say jigs work well for chum there.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »

Jigs work amazingly well for chum at the mouth there, probably the most "fresh" or "chromish" chum that I've caught in the Fraser valley are from that area. They come in waves as they do not hold.

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »

Wuz there yesterday.  Appeared to be quite a number of socks(??) in the bay.  Did manage to hook onto a spring for a spell.  It decided to make a run for it downstream and almost spooled me before I decided to break it off.  :'(  We had troubles throwing the anchor buoy over. 

Saw a number of sturgeon getting caught by the guides out there - otherwise not much else.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!