Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2013  (Read 2055 times)

FishingKing

Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2013
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »

Managed to land this nice 10lb Pink doe today. It put up one hell of a fight, i thought it was a spring at first. I Lost 4 or 5 other pinks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:43:57 AM by FishingKing »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

Nice work - that's a big fish! I've been out since 9:30 in Richmond and haven't seen a fish on anyone's line yet. Been here about 2 hrs. Cheers!

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »

I was in New West early this morning fishing the outgoing tide about 2 to 3 hours after peak and got skunked but there were definitely a few moving up. Nice fish - one of the largest pinks I have seen.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »

Fished around Delta from 5:30 til 11:30, then 4-6:30 or so. Dead! Well, lots of fish rising, saw one caught tonight from a fella in a boat mid river. Saw 2 get caught this morning, and one lost. Thats a total of 4 or 5 fish all day, between 30 odd people. At least, its not stupid crowded yet, but Id say at least 3 days to a week until we are in full swing. Its coming!
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »

Fished Richmond side from 3:00 to 6:00.  Picked up 5.25 lb chromer, best Pink I have seen in years.

Fish were rolling up the river in waves with the incoming tide.  After high slack nothing.  Vanished.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »

Wow big ugly.
Nice fish!

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »

Fished out of Richmond today, from around 9:30am until late afternoon (4:30-ish).  It was VERY slow out there, though some fish did roll through in the afternoon.  I was fortunate enough to land my first Fraser Pink of the season - and my buddy finally got his first pink salmon ever, which he was understandably super stoked about.  Other than that, I didn't see a single fish landed.

It was a slow day for the most part, though perseverance did pay off in the end - and dinner was delicious last night!   ;D

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »

Caught the high tide last night and managed to get two nice does - one was pushing 6 or 7lbs.  Caught them on a homemade pink spoon and they were the only 2 pinks I hooked into.  Caught the first one about an hour before high tide and the other about half hour after high tide.  Water was really calm - it was a beautiful evening that's for sure.  Visibility has improved and saw many more fish rolling last night.  Also saw the largest spring I've ever seen jump just out from my casting distance.  Salmon season on the Fraser is in full swing!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »

Fished out of Richmond today, from around 9:30am until late afternoon (4:30-ish)

You get an gold star for perseverance, Tex! That is a long time to be slinging lures...   

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »

It sure was, clarki, but I needed some time away to clear my head anyhow, and the weather was good.

Plus, my buddy Piet is new to fishing and was desperate to catch a pink.  I really wanted to help him succeed.

Honestly, when I hooked my pink I was actually disappointed that it wasn't him that hooked up.

That said, when he finally got his an hour later it was all worthwhile.  I haven't seen someone so stoked about getting a pink in a long time!  :)