Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 78757 times)

milo

• Old Timer

any thoughts on sunday's fishability water levels?

thanks

The hydro graph shows an almost vertical rise. If it continues to rain throughout the night, it will be blown tomorrow. If, on the other hand, it stops raining and the water level drops a bit before morning, the river might be quite fishable. It's anyone's guess at this point.

psd1179

• Old Timer

Sorry, so forgot to say it was on friday morning they did the deed. Anyone see it. I believe he was filing a police report.

There are 600 + same cases in Vancouver alone. I cannot believe RCMP did not do much about this.

blueback

Any water conditions updates?

milo

• Old Timer

I guess people are too busy fishing to post a water condition report. 😁

blueback

I guess people are too busy fishing to post a water condition report. 😁

Ouch; had my daughter's soccer game the am, so had to be there for that. No fishing for me today :-X ;)

dcajaxs

water has good visibility and is fishable as of noon today.  Some rain through the morning. Less fish for the area I was in (lower river) but a few fish hooked.  I thought it was going to be unfishable this weekend but proved to be the opposite of the forecast.

armytruck

• Old Timer

Fished down below the HWY in the boat yesterday aft. Water was cloudy and half clear . No joy for me and did not see any hookups from any of the other 10 or so boats down there . I thought there maybe a push come in with the tide but it was pretty dead . I bet it was good after I left  :o ;D
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

It was dead in the canal where I was yesterday afternoon. Nothing moving through. I even got to fish the entire run to myself where usually it is very busy. Go figure.

Jamier

Fished mid river this morning.  Much slower this week than last week. Headed down river to the canal to see how fishing was, saw 1 chum hooked, not a lot of fish moving.

kanuckle head

The push of chum in the system is usually doom for the Coho hunt
Time to target another river

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Season’s done! 😄

DKokanee

fished Fisherman's Corner all morning. There were still hatchery coho being caught, but I'd say it's definitely slowing down. If I were to break it down based on what I saw today, 1/5 of the fish that were caught were hatchery coho, 1/5 wild coho, and 3/5 chum.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Hooked some coho today, released a chum salmon. River was quite clear and getting low again, but that shall change in the days to come.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

No chums where I was...
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Nope, I don't want that.... :P ;D