Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 78824 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer

so much for the big 2019 hatchery boost! Was it just a blip?

Haha... our again this morning in-between kwb and hwy 1. Much better today. 4/6. Left with 1 spring and 1 coho...bite would come in spurts which is to be expected.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Good to hear!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Was pretty good yesterday, saw some guy limit out on hatchery coho. I landed a hatchery Coho and a spring
And I ran into a red spring !! but couldnt land it - broke my leader when i thought it was ready to be landed on to the shore.

How do you know it's a red spring if you didn't land it ?

NiceFish

• Old Timer

Red springs fight harder and are known to break leaders.

Dave

• Old Timer

Quote of the day!

Phronesis

Saw it while flipping near the banks...

bigsnag

• Old Timer

clarkii you should have come with me to the spawning channel.  A few fresh one rolled in.

Plus this 8 lber that got my hands all shaky.
It ain't the roe bro'

psd1179

• Old Timer

they fight even harder when hooked on the tail LOL

psd1179

• Old Timer

clarkii you should have come with me to the spawning channel.  A few fresh one rolled in.

Plus this 8 lber that got my hands all shaky.

6wt rod or 5wt?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Quite a different year for the people I know and myself. It's been a non-clipped Coho kind of a season. Every outing is easily 90% wild Coho. Some days it's been 100% wilds. Last season I had limits of hatchery Coho days in a row. This year ? Barely any hatchery fish. I've seen boats all around me at the mouth put fish back and say the same thing. LOTS of non-clipped fish. I've tapped oit early this year.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Been out 3 times only a couple of hrs each time in the afternoon and have hooked 7 cohos. Landed 4. 3 hatcheries and 1 wild so far. Not bad.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

the canal was the busiest i have ever seen it today. was fishing around train bridge and all we were hitting were wild. after seeing the canal i know why.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I showed up at the canal at 11am and it wasn't as busy as I have seen in past Thanksgiving weekend actually. I only had just over an hour to fish today. Coho salmon were plentiful, on everyone else's lines! ::) I ended up missing one, hooking two, both lost, and one of them was a rather big specimen. Great to see so many people out enjoying the day, and all fishing properly! It's quite amazing to see that many people hooking up below me and still able to get bites, just a constant stream of fish going through right now with the big morning incoming tide at the moment.

Fair amount of rain is expected tonight, so tomorrow could be very different. Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

for sure, alot of people were also using landing nets which was nice to see. did see one wild ho that couldn't be revived but it happens.

bigsnag

• Old Timer
It ain't the roe bro'