Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting Proposals on Fraser Sport Fishing  (Read 15501 times)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:Interesting Proposals on Fraser Sport Fishing
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 09:56:54 AM »

I threw out the flossing on the Vedder to stir things up and nobody bit.  I guess flossing doesn't work after all :-\ ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 09:57:13 AM by grumman »

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 10:23:22 AM »

1 Meter? ??? That sounds like flossing!
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

TtotheE

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 11:10:21 AM »

On preventing foul hooked fish:

If anybody has fished for bass or even looked into fishing for bass you may have heard of the weed guard.  Weed guards do what the name states,  guards the hook from snagging weeds.  The hook point can only penetrate once the guard has been pushed down(when fish bite).

I believe a weed guard on a hook will prevent fish being snagged in places other than the mouth by false strikes.

When I tie a fly with a weed guard,  I use 40# mono.  I have seen hooks sold with weed guards made of wire.  Both work fine.

On regs:

There should be a clear definition in the regs for flossing.  If this is going to be an acceptable method of catching sockeye in the Fraser by DFO,  this must be stated clearly so that the flossing mentality does not continue to leak into other systems.

If a fish hooked outside the mouth is not going to be accepted by the DFO,  the regs must be changed to state that the hook must be IN the mouth.

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 11:56:36 AM »

I'm not too much of a fan of increased fines... Maybe on par with a speeding ticket, or a few hundred dollars.  Repeat offenders should not be issued new liscences! But realistically, you have to ask yourself "what's going to happen if they can't pay a hefty fine?"  

I'm not keen on the idea of guys who haven't paid a $1000 fishing fine being locked up in prisons when scum bags who sell dope in stores on commercial walk free.  :-\

Makes me wonder about you Fulcrum.   :o :o :o :o
Why are you against hefty fines? :o :o :o :o
Why are you comparing how much worst are other crimes compare to breaking fishing regulations?  :o :o :o
Why are you worried about not being able to pay the hefty fines? :o :o :o
Why don't you want those who breaks the fishing regulations to end up in jail? :o :o :o
Are you trying to say that it is okay to break fishing regulation because it is not as bad as other crimes? :o :o :o

It is amazing what you can find about people when you let them speak their mind.
1.  Is it the TRUTH?

By Herbert J. Taylor

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2004, 12:17:51 PM »

I thought that was at the corner of Hypocrites and Lies.
1.  Is it the TRUTH?

By Herbert J. Taylor

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2004, 12:48:03 PM »

Shock collars?  ::)

Photo radar actually worked quite well IMO.  The vans were in regular "hot zones" for speeding and resulted in many people slowing down in areas where photo radar was to be expected.  I think it should come back, if you're too pre-occupied to see a big chevy Van on the side of the road with a tripod infront of it, then you're obviously not paying enough attention to the road and deserve that ticket!

Also, there may be millions of hectares in BC, but the federal department of fisheries and oceans is only responsible for the salmon within it.  All too often people confuse federal and provincial jurisdictions :)

photo radar created more problems, than it resolved .

....it created a platform for the infringement of human rights
     (the assumption of guilt based on a photograph)
....it created  back logs in the judiscial system because of
     appeals.
.... it's revenues, were perceived by the public, as being
     another 'cash cow'.

i think you're the one who's confused.  when you talk jurisdictions.... you're getting into the realm of the 'fine line'....semantics.  both provincial and federal laws work hand in hand....one governing, the other.

true,  bc is self governed and manages its provincial land, but when funding is needed or any major changes needs to be made, its up to the federal government to have last say.

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2004, 10:06:31 PM »

Define "family".  ::)
Classified Waters tag for sockeye flossers only = DISCRIMINATION  :o
Why does hook size need to be a factor?  Once again blatant discrimination against BBers.  ::)
Same thing with leader length.  ::)

The above reasons should point out why policy makers should, if possible, have an open mind.  Unfortunately, this is hardly ever the case.

** I also do not agree with flossing.  I am just posting this to show the blatant disregard to flossers and showing what a narrow mindset can do with policy.  I would assume guys like Dr SG or DK would like the policies, but would you want such narrow minded people as directors on any type of council that represents the public's interests?  I am also willing to bet that Fulc is an anti-flosser.  ;) ;)

Shane
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 10:25:57 PM by itosh »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2004, 10:21:27 PM »

Human Rights infringements?????  :o

:-X

(self clicking and avoiding hijacking)

meaning that one is assumed innocent, until proven guilty. with photo radar, one is already assumed guilty without the benefit of trial or counsel. :o

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2004, 11:02:28 PM »

Well we all know how fair the justice system is?  Delay obfuscate, lie and if by some chance you do actually get convicted you get a conditional discharge.  I actually find the summary justice of photo radar to be quite fair.  The complaints were always from people who seemed to think the speed limit is for other people, or were afraid their wife would find out they had been somehwere they were not supposed to be.  Quit your whining and pay the fine.
We can build it, take me to your Banker!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2004, 11:52:45 PM »

Well we all know how fair the justice system is?  Delay obfuscate, lie and if by some chance you do actually get convicted you get a conditional discharge.  I actually find the summary justice of photo radar to be quite fair.  The complaints were always from people who seemed to think the speed limit is for other people, or were afraid their wife would find out they had been somehwere they were not supposed to be.  Quit your whining and pay the fine.

you're right. do the crime. do the time. you're absolutely right. but unfortunately, like you said. our judicial system is flawed, if not obscure.  

Your analogy of the complaints made by the public, is presumptuous and totally slanderous.  its because of attitudes like yours, that the world even need lawyers.

how many times have we seen people (on the news) get put in jail for a crime they didn't commit?  usually convicted because of false accusations or mistakened identities?  What do you say to those people?

Photo Radar falls into that category.   But then again you probably don't give a **** because you're a perfect citizen that don't believe in 'true' justice.

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2004, 06:32:34 AM »

i disagree
governments get far to much of our hard earned money already
not one level of government spends this money responsibily and you want to give them more

remember the gun registry
yeah lets see if they can do a fisher registry any cheaper
maybe we can hire new brunswick to run it

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 03:55:11 PM »

sorry. i  didn't mean to hijack this thread. :-\