Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 6945 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: New to the board
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 09:28:45 PM »

BC is attractive as a fishing location because of the various salmon species and also the Sturgeon not only that but you don't seem to have as many traffic jams as we do.  I found the traffic easier in Vancouver than in my home town of Cambridge [pop 120,000] and that was taking driving an automactic and being on the wrong side into consideration.
Great scenery!!!!  I'm still printing the photographs I took.

Agreed, the salmon variety plus many more species to keep the mind stimulated throughout the entire year is something we often take for granted here.

Do you fish for pike Colin? ;)

The traffic in Vancouver? :o Less cars, but more terrible drivers. ;D Driving in Europe has always been a first class experience. Everyone knows what to do, way smoother. The only thing is when you get into the really really urbanized area, and you get all these tiny tiny streets that zig zag all over the place like a maze... Oh the joy....

ColinB

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 03:11:28 AM »

Do I fish for Pike??

www.pikeflyfishing.co.uk
www.cambridgepac.co.uk
www.elyfenlandpac.co.uk

The Ely/Fenland website has details of all[?] the Fenland 30lb plus fish we can trace.  Denis Moules the guy who has compiled the list has published a small paperback book of this section of the website.

Oh yes, I do fish for Pike.
and have the scars to prove it!!

Colin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 12:37:14 PM »

So...Any specific pike spinners and spoons (colours) should I know about to get some 30lbers? :)

ColinB

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 01:22:18 AM »

So...Any specific pike spinners and spoons (colours) should I know about to get some 30lbers? :)
Rodney,
very few "BIG" pike get caught on Lures, spoons etc.  Except where that's all you can use.  We can use livebait so most biggies get caught on live or deadbaits.  Rapalas are good especially the Super shad rap which is now available in a sinking version.  I never go anywhere without a selection of Spinnerbaits.  Masterline sell a big spoon [mister muskie spoon] that is a copy of the Efgeeco Piker spoon which was a most effective lure. Find it on
http://www.harrisangling.co.uk/product.asp?prodid=12994&deptid=1819 the link may not work for you as you have to login to view the site??
Regards,
Colin