Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yamaha T8 or F8 trolling motor  (Read 5244 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Yamaha T8 or F8 trolling motor
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

Looking to replace my stolen Yamaha F8 trolling motor.  It looks like I'll be able to get either a T8 or F8.  I have an 18 foot Weldcraft with an outback bracket.  I liked my F8 because I could throttle it down to about 0 mph.  I was told that I wouldn't be able to troll that slow with the high thrust.   The only one my boat store has in stock is a high thrust, so I'm a little skeptical of their word.  Does anybody have any first hand knowledge here?   

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Yamaha T8 or F8 trolling motor
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »

I'm using T9.9 now as my trolling motor for my 21' thunder jet.  I can throttle it all the way down to about 1mph.  I don't really see the difference between T9.9 and F9.9 at low speed.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »

Looking to replace my stolen Yamaha F8 trolling motor.  It looks like I'll be able to get either a T8 or F8.  I have an 18 foot Weldcraft with an outback bracket.  I liked my F8 because I could throttle it down to about 0 mph.  I was told that I wouldn't be able to troll that slow with the high thrust.   The only one my boat store has in stock is a high thrust, so I'm a little skeptical of their word.  Does anybody have any first hand knowledge here?   

look at todays vancouver craigslist boat section,  might be what your looking for ?

tnt

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »

go high thrust... all the way... it will be the best for your boat... they have a ton more power but slow down very well
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....