Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: truck full of salmon dumped in delta ditch  (Read 6922 times)

mojoman

• Old Timer
Re: truck full of salmon dumped in delta ditch
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 11:52:41 AM »

No one said WHO put them there.

So do not assume! You have to PROVE who did it, not guess.

hmmm......how many folks have a dump truck full of fish??????....the facts point the finger at the guilty party........no one  else need bother wonder who "they" are.....its pretty simple...."they" will slaughter the remaining stocks.....then "they" will target the next most valuable species.....look to history if you want to predict the future....is a cycle in there somewhere.....just my opinion....your milage could vary...;)))

mojo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 11:55:36 AM by mojoman »
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

i'm sorry. maybe it was a recreational fisherman that caught all those salmon with his fishingrod and bouncing betty in one day....then hauled them in the back of his pickup.....and decided that he did not have enough room in the freezer so he  just got rid of them in the bush. Yeah that makes more sense......yeah it really does!

If FN are not going to need pink salmon then throwing them away by the hundreds back into the fraser to die is just plain stupid. WE cannot treat our resources like this anymore. They can sell these salmon in steveston for example for a couple dollars each at least and people in the area will buy them. The FN needs education if they want to be part of the 20th century with rest of us. It seems they would rather spit in our faces before that happens. Who's our fisheries critic  in ottawa anyway?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 09:28:17 PM »

two years ago i was fishing off island 22. natives were netting pinks. i personally saw them discarding the males, chucking them off the boat after they've died already. i called dfo...nothing happened.