Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ashcroft and Cache Creek  (Read 2572 times)

fishingmaniac

Ashcroft and Cache Creek
« on: December 22, 2005, 08:58:24 PM »

Hey i was just wondering how good of an area cache creek and ashcroft are... Ive heard there are lots of rainbow trout in the lakes. What type of bait would be the best for these types of lakes..
Go Chargers Go

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
Re: Ashcroft and Cache Creek
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 10:47:33 PM »

My inlaws live there and I do know there are dozens of lakes within 50km of Cache Creek (in every direction).  There is always the Thompson River, that can produce some nice steely action. 
The Father in law has been doing well for the trout on some homeade flies fishing the Thompson.  The nice thing about it is about a quarter mile from his house. I did a Google search "Lakes around Cache Creek" and I was amazed of how many lakes were around.
Good luck
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 10:49:37 PM by funfisher »

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:23:06 AM »

Barnes lake is just out of Ashcroft, as for bait, maybe worms, check to regs before fishing anywhere, some have bait bans, sigle barbless hooks, fly only, artificial fly only.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »

Just to let you know that Barnes Lk had a summer kill last year.  They had record temperatures last summer and ended up killing off a substantial amount of fish.