Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave river Oct. 23rd.  (Read 1425 times)

Sinaran

Stave river Oct. 23rd.
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »

Surprised to see the countless cars that actually parked along the river, the parking lot at the park was actually full too. Darn, i thought today was tuesday? don't those people have to work? or they just have tuesday off like me? lol... anyways, i figured the vedder was blown and the crowds there just jammed in the stave today instead.  As usual, lots of BBcers, i decided to do a little hiking and luckily found a spot with lesser crowd. Guys there were into fish after fish, some foul hooks as well. i tried every colour wool and even roe to no avail.... i wonder why. :)  i've never failed to catch a chum at the stave but today the streak has ended. Cursed ...i guess.  Anyways, while i was going to call it a day and try to avoid the traffic, the float disappeared.. (isn't it ironic as always???)   set the hook.. a tiny yet spirited struggle was felt from the other end of the line.  1 min later a hatchery coho jack of slightly over 1 lbs was landed~ well, great, i finally caught my first coho of the season   :o  and guess what, this is the first fish i've ever caught on roe too.  Cute little fish. photos taken and back it went to the river.
nice sunny day today.. so warm that it made me feel like i was fishing in late august/early september.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Stave river Oct. 23rd.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »

I was there in the morning but not close to the dam. Chucking flies as usual and saw a few coho rising but not one connected. Did get a nice doe chum so I bonked it for the smoker  ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Sinaran

Re: Stave river Oct. 23rd.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »

I was there in the morning but not close to the dam. Chucking flies as usual and saw a few coho rising but not one connected. Did get a nice doe chum so I bonked it for the smoker  ;D .
sweet.....i couldn't connect with any chum... :-\
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!