Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sage LE vs. St. Croix Pro  (Read 14707 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Sage LE vs. St. Croix Pro
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 04:51:25 PM »

my myself, very much so prefer the Sage LE for any other 6 wt. Fast action and great for zippin line out there ;D ;) :D :) 8)

Ummmm Cody, the Sage LE is a SLOW action rod. Ever cast an XP  :-\
Actions speak louder than words.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 06:48:34 AM »

ah yeah >:(...my dad has an XP and i have an LE

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 11:03:12 PM »

ah yeah >:(...my dad has an XP and i have an LE

And you still think the LE is a fast action  ???
Actions speak louder than words.

Roots

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

Thanks for all your help guys. Today I finally got my first setup.  ;D

I decided to go with a 4pc 6wt Sage Launch fitted with a Ross Cimarron reel. I guess now I'll be spending some time learning how to cast properly. The reel came with Cortland 333+ WF 6 F line, and I'm just wondering if this line is ok to use for casting dry flies on small rivers/sloughs, or if I should be upgrading the line to something else.  ???

Anyhow, I guess this is just the start of the learning process.... again, thanks for helping me choose a fishing outfit. ;)  Now I have to raid the local library's bookshelves for some fly fishing books...

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 09:36:48 PM »

Wow, congradulations thats a very nice choice :) It's today's fly rod technology that has allowed people to progress so much faster than people who took up the sport years ago. I'm sure you'll have no trouble laying out nice "J-loops" with that outfit. The rod should be able to handle any size dries, except maybe for tiny dries with delicate tippet. That 6wt will be excellent for a variety of applications, such as tossing chironomid rigs on stillwaters, hucking large dries or nymphs on mid-western streams or even putting a slime line on it for cutties and coho in the sloughs and estuaries ;) 3M (Scientific Anglers) has put out a number of good instructional videos on fly fishing, from the old "Swisher" ones to the new Brian Okeefe (sp) ones.