Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chilliwack area cutthroat  (Read 1138 times)

scotkemp

chilliwack area cutthroat
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »

hey guys well ive yet to catch any damn steelhead yet this year so i was thinking of trying something different and i heard you can some cutthrot in the fraser right now, and im not looking for a special spot or anything just a little guidance. i was gonna just use worms tomrrow and head down to peg leg and jespersons area. any suggestions

jon5hill

Re: chilliwack area cutthroat
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »

If you are targeting resident trout, it might be worth while to invest in some 3 inch powerbait trout worms, they are about 7 bucks a pack and you simply can not go wrong. They stay on your hook for as many as 6 or 7 fish, they weed out a lot of species that you aren't targeting as they have no interest in it. For example catfish and northern pike minnow are rarely if ever interested in them. Cutthroat and rainbow trout will bite them really aggressively.The benefit is that they come in very bright colors. I prefer white or chartreuse, which cuts through the muddy water of the Fraser enabling you to perhaps catch more fish! No worm guts on the hands doesn't hurt either!