Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB: Fraser bottom bouncing rod+reel  (Read 640 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
WTB: Fraser bottom bouncing rod+reel
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

A buddy I work with would like to try bottom bouncing for sockeye this summer on the Fraser. He is on a budget and can't afford to buy a new rod, reel, line, etc. I told him I'd throw out an add on this site and try to find something used for him.

For the reel I'm looking for a spinning reel. He is new to fishing and I think a baitcaster would be a bit much for him to cope with. We don't need anything fancy/high end as long as it's in good working order and is large enough to hold enough line and has enough drag for this type of fishing. Any big/ugly spinning reel should do.

For the rod obviously it needs to be a spinning rod to go with the reel. At least 9 feet long altough somewhere in the 10"6 range would be better. Needs to be beefy and be able to cast 4+oz betties, etc. I'd say 12-25lb line rating or higher would be sufficent.

If the reel has 50lb or higher braid on it all the better as it would save him buying line.

If anyone has anything suitable they are looking to part ways with please email me at kcp@alumni.sfu.ca with a picture(s) of the gear.

Humpy

Re: WTB: Fraser bottom bouncing rod+reel
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »

Email sent.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.