Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Fish Of A Life Time? Fishing Report June 3 to 4

<< < (2/3) > >>

Terry Bodman:
O.K. Chris, read the whole report. Quite exciting but you realize Lew will take all the credit as he tied the fly. I suggest you don't tell him.

The trout caught at Maple Leaf Lake on a size 14 black with red wrap chronomid proved to be delicious cooked up on my recently purchased barbie.
 ;D

marmot:
Sounds like you had a great time!  If you stick with it and start tying your own flies, its really REALLY rewarding...I was up at Buck Lake near merritt fishing on saturday.  I'd been up visiting my family in Kelowna, and my dad and I decided to go fishing for the day.  Because of the recent full moon and the hot weather, we werent anticipating much action.  We dropped the bellyboats in, fished deep with some dragon patterns we'd tied years ago, and waited.  Around 2 in the afternoon it was bite after bite.  I caught two, one around 2lbs, the other a little smaller.  I imagine in a few days it will be crazy fishing there!  I'm thinking of heading up to Lundbom lake this weekend too, my mum once caught an 11lber there!!!

marmot

Terry Bodman:
Lundbom is one of my favourite lakes but haven't been there for awhile. A size 10 halfback used to be deadly there as were damsel and dragonfly nymphs along the reeds on the north shore.
Have a good time.

marmot:
thanks Terry, might not get to go, work's getting hectic!!! we'll see though.  The halfback is one of my old standbys....mimics so many insects.  I love fishing big dragon nymphs...big ol ugly monofilament eyes!!  It just seems that I get bigger fish with 'em.  Those and scuds.  

Randog:
Great report Chris, I just have to say that the trout are much larger on Canucks lake ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version