Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bear Creek, 140th??  (Read 2298 times)

Blackgivesway2blue

Bear Creek, 140th??
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:12:30 PM »

I was just reading through the regulations again and something caught my eye,  For Bear Creek it says "Closed all year Above 152st (Johnson Road)" So does that mean you can fish it below 152st at places like 140th and stuff like that??? just wondering, Thanks in advance. ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:27:16 PM by Blackgivesway2blue »

paulbish

Re: Bear Creek, 140th??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »

140th street is above 152nd street, meaning it is closed.

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »

Consider 'above' as upstream.  Has nothing to do with street numbers.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »

Consider 'above' as upstream.  Has nothing to do with street numbers.

thats what I thought, Thanks  ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »

even if you went by street numbers im pretty sure that 152 is a higher number than 140 isnt it  ;) numbers go up further east you go
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

fish bonk

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »

I used to fish the creek a lot when i was a kid,in the late eighty,s . Then my fishing mentor at the time showed me the regs one day  :-\ Always had more luck finding golf balls in the creek than fish. Back then there was a small cutthroat population.All fish where small 8'' was a big one.It used to have a small run of Coho and Chum,but I am sure the Coho are long gone. I have often wondered what kind of impact the building of Surrey lake had on that little stream.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

I used to fish the creek a lot when i was a kid,in the late eighty,s . Then my fishing mentor at the time showed me the regs one day  :-\ Always had more luck finding golf balls in the creek than fish. Back then there was a small cutthroat population.All fish where small 8'' was a big one.It used to have a small run of Coho and Chum,but I am sure the Coho are long gone. I have often wondered what kind of impact the building of Surrey lake had on that little stream.

I grew up across the street from Bear Creek Park. I fished it a ton when I was a kid. Nobody told us anything about regulations. 8'' was your biggest? I dont even remember catching fish that small in that creek. We caught lots of trout everytime we went out. Most were 12-16''. We fished worms off the bottom. We walked every inch of that creek from above the King George and 88th bridge all the way to the 140th Street bridge. Lots of crayfish as well. We never kept any of the fish though. None of us liked the taste of fish.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family