Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River question  (Read 5871 times)

mvelasco

Re: Vedder River question
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »

Planning to go out a couple time from now till April.and I'm talking about 3-4 times a month.is it worth my time?  I mainly just want to do some spot hunting away from the chaos that the following runs entitle.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 03:07:37 AM »

Well the salmon run is nearing the end. Steelhead start coming up from December to aprilish. Not a waste of time to learn the river and find good water.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 08:38:33 AM »

I was fishing the mid river section on Wed/Friday and it fished quite well. (Not in any of the well known sections) I was using roe and I am confident that I hooked into a coho on at least two occasions - judging by the silver dance I got across the river when I hooked them.   Sadly they spat my hook on both occasions.   Tried fishing a big copper spoon on Friday and something smashed that really hard followed by an adrenaline pumping run right across the river before my leader was snapped - not sure what that was, didn't feel like a typical chum run.

As of this week there were mostly chums in the mid section of the river which I occasionally caught on account of them taking my roe but definitely a few coho around too.   I guess one could assume there will be fewer next week unless a few more push in.