Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Remembrance: Blaine Woit  (Read 1437 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
In Remembrance: Blaine Woit
« on: September 06, 2006, 11:15:33 AM »

The success of the Fraser Valley Boat and Sportsmen's Show in recent years has been the effort of our chief show manager, Blaine Woit. In the last several years, I have had the privelege to work closely with him on show promotion and learn what it takes to produce a successful event. These shows were his pride and joy.

On Sunday September 3rd, Blaine passed away peacefully at home with his family and friends around him. His struggle with ALS was only 13 months, but it was difficult for him. Despite of having difficulties with his health during this time, he was even at the previous show the whole time, making sure everything was coming together smoothly. In the last several months, we have worked hard to prepare for next year's show, as there will be some major exciting changes and expansions. I am sad that he will not be able to see these changes.

The 2007 Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen’s Show, BC Hunting Show (March 2,3,4th) and the BC Log Home, Timber Frame & Country Living Show (March 9,10,11th) will be in his honour. It will be a good one.

Please pass this along to others who may knew Blaine in the industry. If you need the information of the memorial service, please email me. Thank you.