Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's over! (Pour moi!)  (Read 1996 times)

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
It's over! (Pour moi!)
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:25:23 AM »

Well last trip to the river for the sockeye HARVEST, was successful.  To tell the truth I enjoyed the season, we were very lucky!  Met several really nice people, Rod (not FWR-Rod), Curtis, Gary and Fishguts to name a few!  Caught my share of fish as well.  Had some fun, fortunatley the area that I was harvesting in was very peaceful and friendly. Nothing like Peg, Scale or Seabird.  Now that the weather is cooling the lakes around Merritt should get productive again, get the flies out! Coho fishing coming up and don't want to forget steelies!  We are really quite blessed!  Remember, put the flossing gear away and let's keep it peaceful at the Vedder!  Would like to hear about others season!  Was it good, fun etc.  No debates, lets stay positive!  ;D

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
Re: It's over! (Pour moi!)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »

Rod, FWR-Rod, didn't mean that you are not nice, just didn't meet you!  Did not want anyone taking this wrong! ;) ;D ;) ;D

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:39:59 PM »

I also did my last trip today.  I heard it was quite slow all weekend, but I managed to get my two fish by 6:00 AM (fastest time this year)!  Lucky I suppose.  I think we were very fortunate to have such a long opening.  I've taken home the most salmon of any year - and I haven't cast a fly to any coho yet.  It looks like I'll be (hopefully) releasing lots of coho this fall!  I also fished a bar that was not too crowded.  Yes - it did get busy, but not like pegleg or other popular bars.  I met some very nice guys who all worked together to help each other out with landing fish.  I managed to avoid the "gong show" that has plagued this fishery.  Perhaps that is the most satisfying experience of all!

I hope all of you had a great season.  There's much more to come this year.  Please do not employ sockeye tactics on other river systems - it's simply not necessary!  Cheers... :).

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:14:22 PM »

I did my last day of the sockeye season today, took a little while but I ended up with my 2 Sockeye, my total sockeye count this year was 32 , which allot of it is gone allready due to family wanting some fish , Having BB-Q's on sunny weekend nights, having the occasional BBQ on Friday afternoons at work , and sharing some with the wife and Kid as they Hoover it back as fast as i do , But all in all it was a good year. lost lots of gear but thats nothing new

32!! mine is ONE! :(

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 03:46:41 PM »

Tomorrow will be my last, My count will be at 18, if tomorrow goes accordingly ;D, however Lots of that is in myself and familes tummies ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:22:03 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »

lol , I havent been at school for awhile, give me a break
weeeeeeeeeow!