Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR: Does anyone in here play GuildWars?  (Read 4479 times)

Nina

• Administrator
NFR: Does anyone in here play GuildWars?
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »

Just wondering, as I keep finding myself playing this game everytime Rodney is not dragging me out somewhere else....  ;)

The_Other_Gman

Re: NFR: Does anyone in here play GuildWars?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 05:55:49 PM »

Yep.

IamCanadian

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 07:32:57 PM »

:-[ ...um wat kinda game is that? ???

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:49:20 PM »

:-[ ...um wat kinda game is that? ???
Yeah I was thinking the same thing??  I haven't a clue!!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:28:35 PM »

It's an online RPG game  ;D

www.guildwars.com

No one else playing it?

The_Other_Gman, how do you like the game? After a break from playing of one year I find it very addictive again  ::)  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:30:26 PM by Nina »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

Thanks Nina!!  Looks very interesting, I just might have to give it a try when I get some time!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

The_Other_Gman

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »

It's an online RPG game  ;D

www.guildwars.com

No one else playing it?

The_Other_Gman, how do you like the game? After a break from playing of one year I find it very addictive again  ::)  ;)

Been playing for just over 4 months, have 6 level 20's.  Yes, addictive and eats much time.

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 09:56:46 PM »

Been playing for just over 4 months, have 6 level 20's.  Yes, addictive and eats much time.

Wow, 6 characters at level 20?! Ya, you must have been spending quite a bit of time in there then  ;D
I have one fairly strong elementalist/mesmer at level 19, the rest of my characters are just bumming around below level 10. I like the game a lot, good graphics (although my lap top does not give the graphics credit at all) but one thing I think it needs it more spells!! I can pretty much get by when using only 3 or 4 spells  ::)

Are you a member of any guild? I thought of starting an FWR guild if there are enough players in here, doesn’t seem so though. Somehow I don’t think Rodney would be so happy if I spend much more time in there anyway  :D  ;)

(Ok, you can all start your voting now on who’s the bigger nerd; Rodney or me…   ::))

The_Other_Gman

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

Plenty of spells, yes you can get by with using a limted amount but that is determined by how you like to play and there are a tton of combinations.

Was in 2 previous guilds which I quit prior to starting my own OMwH (One Man with Hench), I'm the only member.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »

starcraft, halo 2 anyone? :) What else do people play in there free time?
The Bigger The Better!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:50:40 AM »

if you like chess...try spiritwars.com its like chess on steroids....but you need patience to learn the game..;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »

starcraft, halo 2 anyone? :) What else do people play in there free time?

Ooh, starcraft! The only computer game I have ever been able to convince Rodney to try, and now he’s addicted too. He has been playing it everyday the last few days. He only plays as Terrain though, has never tried Zerg or Protoss; whats up with that? Zerg are my favourite  ;D

I think Blizzard in general makes good games; Diablo I and II, Warcraft and Starcraft are some of my all time favourite. Then of course there are all the Maxis Sims games and the Civilization games, which have also consumed much of my time.

Last year I had a thing with downloading all these free old DOS games from websites like www.abandonia.com, games which I remembered from my childhood. It was all fun and games until my system went berserk, so now I try to keep away even though it’s tempting  ;)

I was never into shoot-them-up games; makes me nauseous (not the blood, but the screen bobbing up and down when you run)  :P  ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 01:35:15 PM »

Best game by far is Battle Field 2!!!!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 06:33:49 AM »

Hi Nuggy, ya I think twice in the beginning of the game you are forced to play with some people you don’t know. I think it acts like a kind of tutorial. After that you can pretty much just play on your own by using hired henchmen stationed in the different cities (for free). Too bad you and your wife didn’t get to play the game more often; it is really entertaining once you get into it  :)

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 10:15:55 AM »

I used to really be into RPGs like Final Fantasy 2,3, etc. and the old BBS classic L.O.R.D.  I did some beta testing for Ice Online on the game Twilight Lands but other than that I haven't really got into any online RPGs.  It just seems to me like it would take up waaay too much of my time.  Maybe someday I'll get back into em.  The first game on my list to get once I buy a new PC is Battlefield 2.  My friend has this game and it is the funest game I have ever played.