Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61673 times)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2022, 08:06:27 PM »

The fact that you can get reinfected is the most depressing part IMHO. Glad you got over it much more easily this time around Danielk!

I've heard lots of COVID stories through work that make me wary... not everyone that gets very sick (or develops long COVID) is old or already stricken by another illness. Some part of it is just randomness and/or good old-fashioned bad luck.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2022, 09:50:05 PM »

This goes round and round. Back in October you said the vaccines caused ADE. Now it’s causing heart attacks.
On January 5, you said Good bye. And yet you’re still here! Thank you for your patience in trying to get through to us “fools” and “lost causes”.

Heart attacks are a side effect of the vaccine yes. This is a fact. It's a proven fact.

And YES you do become dependent on the vaccine. Folks who don't recive the booster do jave weakened immune systems. You'll be taking version 1.1 and 1.2 and so on forever. But hey.... its fine because you're the test subject and you're protecting others.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:54:20 PM by Hike_and_fish »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2022, 10:35:22 PM »

the mRNA vaccines have a rare link to heart inflammation and inflammation of the heart lining. That is not heart attack. The incidence is very low. The biggest risk with any vaccine is anaphylaxis & it's why a person who gets a vaccine is supposed to remain at the site for 15 minutes.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2022, 02:41:20 PM »

. I have congestive heart failure and arrhythmia so I might know a thing or two . I'm also 2 weeks out from finding out I had covid. Double vaxed, had the booster today and NO ill effects whatsoever (other than metal objects clinging to me.  ;D). I feel fine and the Royal Canine Prince is still getting walks. Covid slowed me down for a short while but I'm still here and plan on being here for a while yet.
http://

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2022, 04:20:11 PM »

Glad you're doing well Bill!

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »

Glad you're doing well Bill!

Thanks Dave. I just sold my business and retired after 42 years. We're moving to Salmon Arm in the spring if we can sell the house. Maybe I can go fishing with Shuswap Steve  ;)
http://

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

Health Canada approves Pfizer's COVID-19 therapeutic

Pfizer's Paxlovid, an antiviral prescribed by a doctor and administered in pill form, is designed to help the body fight off the SARS-CoV-2 virus, reduce symptoms from an infection and shorten the period of illness.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/health-canada-pfizer-therapeutic-1.6317505

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2022, 11:23:49 AM »

And more good news with regards to vaccines. Researchers at a university in the US have developed a new vaccine that is based on conventional methods of vaccine development. It is a non- MRNA vaccine called CORBEVAX.  They are willing to share this information for free, especially with countries that cannot afford the current high priced vaccines being offered by pharmaceutical companies. Currently there is a company in India that is manufacturing this vaccine to get it out to their population ASAP.  Hopefully this will allow as many people as possible to get vaccinated against COVID 19 in the world.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2022, 01:11:47 PM »

Health Canada approves Pfizer's COVID-19 therapeutic

You would think that the hesitant ones and the antis would be all over this one like a fat kid on a Smartie.
After all it is pretty much exactly what they have been demanding...

Not from what I am seeing.

First the anti's scream It is simply rebranded Ivermectin. Nope:

How Does Pfizer's Paxlovid Compare With Ivermectin?

"A new rumor claims that Paxlovid, Pfizer's Covid drug, is merely a "dressed up" ivermectin molecule with little difference other than price. The term "Pfizermectin" is even being used to emphasize this. But biochemical and pharmacokinetic data say otherwise. Here are the numbers.

Bottom line:

It is abundantly clear that the "Pfizermectin" myth is just that. PF-07321332 is a potent enzymatic inhibitor of Mpro with proven efficacy in clinical trials. Ivermectin has very poor potency in this same assay. Ivermectin, if it works at all, is certainly not functioning as a protease inhibitor.

Based on in vitro studies, Ivermectin is a weak inhibitor of viral replication in cultured cells.
But the antiviral inhibition of ivermectin is weak enough that even at high or multiple doses of the drug blood concentrations do not reach its cellular assay IC50 of 2µM.

PF-07321332 is a potent inhibitor in both the enzymatic and call-based assays.
The drug reaches and remains at blood concentrations sufficient to inhibit 90% of viral replication in cells for one day and does so well below toxic levels.

These data tell us that ivermectin neither inhibits the viral protease in an enzyme-based assay nor slows the production of virus in cells while Pfizer's drug does both. If ivermectin is proven to be an effective Covid treatment it must be acting by some yet-unknown mechanism."

https://www.acsh.org/news/2021/12/02/how-does-pfizers-paxlovid-compare-ivermectin-15967

And:

Fact Check-Pfizer's trial COVID-19 drug is not the same as ivermectin

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-pfizer-idUSL1N2R11T5

Next of course it There have been NO Clinical Trials! Wrong again:

"After months of clinical trials, Pfizer reported in November that Paxlovid reduced the risk of hospitalization or death by an impressive 89 per cent compared to a placebo in non-hospitalized high-risk adults with COVID-19."

So the fallback: It's too new. Don't trust it. My Body My Choice.

Whatever. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. Regardless of how long you hold his head under.

Nog

Roderick

« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2022, 03:13:15 PM »

I read the original paper about ivermectin.  The study was done in cell culture (basically in a petri dish) and seemed like good work.  They actually saw ivermectin shut down viral replication. So that much is true. 

The problem is, they had a great deal of trouble getting ivermectin through the cell membrane and in to the cells where it could do it's work.  For the in vitro study they were forced to add a chemical called DMSO which allowed the ivermectin in. 

In a living human body, enough DMSO to do the job would be deadly, so there is no way of getting the ivermectin in to affected cells, and it does not work. 

The hype surrounding ivermectin is what happens when people only read the title of a scientific study, and don't bother to read deeper in to the materials and methods.
You shoulda been here yesterday.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2022, 05:40:45 PM »

my otherwise prim and proper, PC Bro-inlaw sent us this link. When I saw it I thought his email had been hacked.

Beware it is filled with profanity & may not be suitable for distribution to all your friends and relatives (defintely NSFW) but it really is a kind of funny swipe at all the vaccine skeptics and anti-vaccer's

I've converted it to tiny url to keep banned words & phrases off the discussion board:

https://tinyurl.com/4ww5pa4a

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:42:22 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Roderick

« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2022, 07:11:57 PM »

Thanks for the laugh Ralph, just what i needed.  ;D
You shoulda been here yesterday.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2022, 10:06:22 PM »

The hype surrounding ivermectin is what happens when people only read the title of a scientific study, and don't bother to read deeper in to the materials and methods.
I suspect part of the hype also comes from a misunderstanding of correlation vs causation. No doubt there are thousands of covid patients that took invermectin, and recovered! Doubtless they would have recovered anyways, but in the re-telling of the story, ivermectin was the cure. Similarily, I suspect the same thing linking vaccination and cardiac illness as one member is prone to do.

An elderly neighbour of my parents has a daughter who is an outspoken anti vaxxer and conservative media personality. The dad was admitted to hospital with covid, his daughter asked the doctors if invermectin and hydroxychloroquine  would be part of his care plan, was told no, so she brought it in for him. He recovered and was released. On social media she wrote: "It’s a great day hanging w/my dad, who survived Covid with  8 Vitamin D3, zinc, 2 X 1000 vitamin C, 12 mg IVM and 200mg hydroxychloroquine (no thanks to Canada’s deplorable medical protocols), NO vaccination and now has natural immunity for the rest of his life"  Sadly he died a few days later at home, of a stroke they believe.

https://tinyurl.com/4ww5pa4a
:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 10:33:58 PM by clarki »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2022, 11:23:23 AM »

Just got invited to get my third booste, i'm on the fence about.

It does not seem like the Big O has been that bad for people with two doses.

essyoo

« Reply #314 on: January 19, 2022, 04:53:28 PM »

recently published data showing that just having second shot diminishes effectiveness of avoiding hospitalization down to about 44% while 3rd booster gets you back into the 80's.

worth a read but mainly check out the table on page 27:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1048395/technical-briefing-34-14-january-2022.pdf

finally got the email to get my 3rd as well, will be booking soon. I've got three kids in school and at this rate, most everyone will get exposed to it. Whatever I can do to mitigate the risks to myself and others.